Photo

Chance to win 2 $50 visa or mastercard giftcards per month from Best Destination Wedding!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:51 AM

BDW_visa_GC_large_cropped_250.jpg

Hello Best Destination Wedding members,

We are excited to announce our newest contest.  As a way for our members to get the best destination wedding planning information we are going to have a contest and reward those members that have put in the time, creative energy, thought into writing the best threads, posts, reviews, and/or wikis.

At the end of each month, I will chose 2 posts/threads/wikis etc. that I think are super helpful to our members and the creater of the "article" will receive a giftcard from either visa or mastercard for $50 USD **. 

Information that I think is very helpful to our Best Destination Wedding members:

• "How to" articles, 101 articles, area guides: did you create great invitations?  take the time to write step-by-step instructions on how you did it to help future brides and for a chance to win.  or maybe an informative guide on your wedding location.
  • good, informative wikis.  If you have alot of great information on a resort, please post it in the resort wiki (on the resort product page).
  • thorough, honest reviews (please post these in the appropriate review section)
  • Support threads

These are just some ideas but I am sure you guys will come up with even better articles for our members.

If you have written something great but not sure where to put it, send me a PM and I will point you in the right direction.

At the end of each month (starting february 2011) I will choose 2 winners.  I will try to give you a little heads up so if you think you or some other member has a great article that you want me to consider, you can post the link in the thread.

Good Luck to all of you and I am really excited to see what everyone comes up with.

**I have the right to discontinue this contest at any time.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:54 AM

That is great!

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
    ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#3 QueenDiva

QueenDiva
    • 521 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:39 AM

Nice!

#4 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:41 AM

That's a really great idea!  Makes me want to plan a wedding all over again.  Hmm, or maybe not, just the fun parts.

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by carly 

That's a really great idea!  Makes me want to plan a wedding all over again.  Hmm, or maybe not, just the fun parts.

you can still write great articles ;)

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 sweetness

sweetness
        • 164 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

Very Nice Idea

#7 acireta

acireta
          • Site Supporter
          • 750 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:13 AM

Will the month's nominees have to be written in that month? There was an AMAZING how-to post that was written in January that I would love to suggest when this starts in February.

What a great idea!

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by acireta 

Will the month's nominees have to be written in that month? There was an AMAZING how-to post that was written in January that I would love to suggest when this starts in February.

What a great idea!

no, if we have a month where a bunch of great threads/articles were made it isn't fair to not give them all credit BUT a post or article can only win once.

Awards and recognition: 

#9 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,193 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:12 PM

This is great. I already have a nominee in mind.

#10 adales

adales
              • Site Supporter
              • 545 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:50 PM

This is a great idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users