EDR -- Basically unscathed by Hurricane Dean

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brigopens

• 247 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:07 AM

Here's the info a friend who belongs to the Exotic Travel Club/Timeshare program got yesterday:
    • The Cancun Airport is now open with 100% full operation. Flights have resumed.
    • The eye of Hurricane Dean went through Chetumal, the capital of Quintana Room. This is approximately four (4) hours drive from Cancun or 250 miles south.

Resort Status:
    • Azul Beach Resort: No damage, open for guests.
    • Casitas Royale: No damage, open for guests.
    • El Dorado Royale: No damage, open for guests.
    • Mi Hotelito: No damage, Scheduled Grand Opening - November 2007. Hidden Beach Resort: Minor damage, resort will reopen in 20 days.
    • El Dorado Seaside: minor damage, resort will open in 10 days.
    • Azul Blue Hotel: damage being accessed, update within 7 days.

Here's what I heard from Valeria as I've been talking to her during/since the Hurricane:

"Everything worked out pretty good for all of us here in Cancun, luckily (for us) the Hurricane hit approximately 200 miles down south, 100miles down from Playa, which is a less crowded area of our state, and with that less tourists.

Anyway, all the good wishes worked out in a marvelous way, we all appreciate your time and players...

Very little damage indeed, we are just cleaning up the debris from the storm..."
    Our Bridal Party in Mexico

#2 SusanK

• VIP Member
    • 2,685 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:12 AM

Thanks for the update.
      Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#3 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:05 AM

That's a relief. I know there are a few EDR brides on here that have planned a wedding there.

Thanks for the post! :)
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users