- The Cancun Airport is now open with 100% full operation. Flights have resumed.
- The eye of Hurricane Dean went through Chetumal, the capital of Quintana Room. This is approximately four (4) hours drive from Cancun or 250 miles south.
- Azul Beach Resort: No damage, open for guests.
- Casitas Royale: No damage, open for guests.
- El Dorado Royale: No damage, open for guests.
- Mi Hotelito: No damage, Scheduled Grand Opening - November 2007. Hidden Beach Resort: Minor damage, resort will reopen in 20 days.
- El Dorado Seaside: minor damage, resort will open in 10 days.
- Azul Blue Hotel: damage being accessed, update within 7 days.
Here's what I heard from Valeria as I've been talking to her during/since the Hurricane:
"Everything worked out pretty good for all of us here in Cancun, luckily (for us) the Hurricane hit approximately 200 miles down south, 100miles down from Playa, which is a less crowded area of our state, and with that less tourists.
Anyway, all the good wishes worked out in a marvelous way, we all appreciate your time and players...
Very little damage indeed, we are just cleaning up the debris from the storm..."