Bachelorette Party and Shower Vent!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 SusanK

SusanK
  • VIP Member
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:52 PM

I agree, that sucks! My bachelorette/shower is this weekend, and if there's any drama I'm going to turn a deaf ear to it! This is suppose to be for you, the bride, to have fun and DEstress.
    Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#2 NYJen

NYJen
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:56 PM

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Maybe you can politely say something like,

"I'm not planning this event, maybe you should speak to the host about it."

#3 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
      • VIP Member
      • 2,347 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:07 PM

I guess the invite thing wouldn't bother me too much, because it's just a phone call to say 'hey, send one out to so and so.' Easy fix. But as far as being the one to fix the transportation / tank top issue---- I'd just ask them, "does it matter? i mean, we don't have to provide that. It's a nice touch, but don't worry about it." Then see what their response is. Either they'll drop it, or they'll probably find a fix on their own, once they see it's not going to be a huge deal to you either...

#4 cessyboston

cessyboston
        • VIP Member
        • 2,096 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:32 PM

thats crazy.......asi am reading i am so sorry your dealing it wll all work out just dress adorable and you will be fine...have somuch fun...no worries........
          Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#5 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
          • 679 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:36 PM

Mo...I feel so bad for you. This is something that you or your FI should not have to worry about. Your friends and family should understand that you are putting so much into your own wedding, and that this is something for you that you don't have to plan. You have enough to do. I hope that they figure out the rest of this without worrying you with it.
            Brittney & Peter
            July 12, 2008
            Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#6 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
            • 5,248 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:37 PM

I'm really sorry that you are going through all this. It seems terribly unfair (not to mention inconvenient) to put this all on you. If they have offered to organize your shower and bachelorette party then they should not be expecting you to do all the work. It's not your job to fix it, whoever is in charge should fix it. Whenever a problem arises, I think you should just direct them to whoever is in charge and remind them (nicely) that you don't know much about either event b/c most of it is a surprise. I hope everything works out.

#7 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:53 AM

It's totally not your job to fix it. Could it be that you're the most stable/together one of the bunch and maybe they are used to you being the problem solver? It doesn't excuse their behavior but it would kind of explain it. As the bride all you need to know is the dress code and what time to be ready . . . they should handle the other stuff. After all, this is an extremely rare time in life when everything should be about YOU...it doesn't happen often and I wish they would let you take it all in!

#8 DreaW

DreaW
                • Banned
                • 2,462 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:58 AM

I'm sorry you are going through this...it isn't your responsibilty, you're right...Tell you sister's to step up.

Hey at least you are having a BParty and Shower.... I didn't get either...kind of sad about that
                  oh well it's our fault really for just deciding to get up and do it....

sorry had to add my little two cents LOL

#9 Spazz

Spazz
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,482 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 06:07 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MoBride
                    I don't care how I get there just get me there and put a beer in one hand and a shot in the other!!!!!
                    Go have a good time

I agree with what everyone else said, tell them to talk to your sisters, you're not the planner for these events.

Sorry your shower surprise was ruined, that really sucks.

#10 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 10,366 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 06:43 AM

I am sorry you have to go throught this as well.... They should step up, it really isn't selfish beacuase it's all about you!! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users