Sunset Beach Resort & Spa - past and future brides, please post here!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did!  There was a package for $100 for three services and they let m give one massage to my friend.  A lot of my guest used it also.  The coffee body scrub and massage was amazing! As good as at any 5 star hotel.  I wish I could remeber the guys name to refer you to him .

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there everyone,

I am getting married at Sunset Beach Resorts on October 26, 2012. I really enjoy reading everyone's comments about the resort. We have never been there before and I have really been freaking out about all the planning being done by email because different people are quoting us different prices. So here's the story:

We have 40 ppl, 22 rooms coming to the resort. We purchased the $699 wedding package. We were told we have to pay a $25 fee for everyone in our party over 6 ppl for cake& champagne. Then they told me my wedding package comes with a two tier cake that will only serve 20 ppl and I would have to pay extra to have more cake. Hello, you're trying to charge me $25 per person. So what is the extra money for then??? I will pay $850 and still not be able to feed half of my guests, ridiculous! This was just one of the issues. I am planning on doing my wedding at an all inclusive because, well, it's all inclusive- save money on paying per person for dinner and paying for open bar. But the resort will try to nickel and dime you for every little thing. Here's my advice: just say NO! I was getting tired of waiting so long for responses to my emails and then the responses never really answered the questions that I asked. So finally, I called the resort and spoke to Lashaun. she is actually a very pleasant person to talk to and was very accomodating to our needs. I am so happy I called because now I feel like we are getting everything that we want at a good price!

Here's what we booked:

Wedding: our wedding is in the afternoon, my nephew is going to tie all of the chair sashes i purchased online (they were trying to charge $2 per sash but it is free if you do it yourself)

We did splurge a little to do bridesmaid flowers and a butterfly release

Cocktail Hour: This is free! If you have a party of more than 10 rooms, you can get a free cocktail hour w/ hors d'ourves. Of course, alcohol is extra but i asked them if there was a space close to a bar where we could have it rather than on the beach right next to where we were married. They said yes! The cocktail hour will be at the gazebo with a bar only feet away! Free food & drinks, can't beat that- and it will please our guests!

Cake/champagne toast: I purchased 4 bottles of sparkling wine ($15/pc) and an extra tier of cake for $175 to accomodate all 40 guests. Since I purchased these myself, I don't have to pay the $25 per person fee! That is $235 compared to the $850 fee they were trying to charge me for cake/champagne. Please don't pay this. Buy the things you need instead of paying them for nothing!

Photo Shoot: we have our hour long photo shoot following the cocktail hour, we probably will get a CD package for $300

Dinner: They want to charge you per person for a private dinner. My Fiance and I want to have a laid back, casual, cheap wedding without looking like we were too cheap to have dinner for everyone. I just don't agree with paying $30 per person for a buffet dinner at an all inclusive resort when you have already paid to eat for free! On their website, it says they will reserve a spot in the dining hall for the entire party. So after talking to Lashaun, we have section of the buffet dinner hall reserved for my entire group. Yay! everyone can eat! Sure there will be other people around but at least everyone can eat together, eat what they want, and it's free!

Bonfire: we did splurge on the bonfire as well to have something more private w/ open bar and DJ.

Now I feel like we are getting a good amount of things and will have a full night planned for about $2500. Much more reasonable than the $5000 they were trying to get us to pay with their fees and reception costs! I think I can finally relax!

Originally Posted by dmm354178 View Post

Hey there everyone,

I am getting married at Sunset Beach Resorts on October 26, 2012. I really enjoy reading everyone's comments about the resort. We have never been there before and I have really been freaking out about all the planning being done by email because different people are quoting us different prices. So here's the story:

We have 40 ppl, 22 rooms coming to the resort. We purchased the $699 wedding package. We were told we have to pay a $25 fee for everyone in our party over 6 ppl for cake& champagne. Then they told me my wedding package comes with a two tier cake that will only serve 20 ppl and I would have to pay extra to have more cake. Hello, you're trying to charge me $25 per person. So what is the extra money for then??? I will pay $850 and still not be able to feed half of my guests, ridiculous! This was just one of the issues. I am planning on doing my wedding at an all inclusive because, well, it's all inclusive- save money on paying per person for dinner and paying for open bar. But the resort will try to nickel and dime you for every little thing. Here's my advice: just say NO! I was getting tired of waiting so long for responses to my emails and then the responses never really answered the questions that I asked. So finally, I called the resort and spoke to Lashaun. she is actually a very pleasant person to talk to and was very accomodating to our needs. I am so happy I called because now I feel like we are getting everything that we want at a good price!

Here's what we booked:

Wedding: our wedding is in the afternoon, my nephew is going to tie all of the chair sashes i purchased online (they were trying to charge $2 per sash but it is free if you do it yourself)

We did splurge a little to do bridesmaid flowers and a butterfly release

Cocktail Hour: This is free! If you have a party of more than 10 rooms, you can get a free cocktail hour w/ hors d'ourves. Of course, alcohol is extra but i asked them if there was a space close to a bar where we could have it rather than on the beach right next to where we were married. They said yes! The cocktail hour will be at the gazebo with a bar only feet away! Free food & drinks, can't beat that- and it will please our guests!

Cake/champagne toast: I purchased 4 bottles of sparkling wine ($15/pc) and an extra tier of cake for $175 to accomodate all 40 guests. Since I purchased these myself, I don't have to pay the $25 per person fee! That is $235 compared to the $850 fee they were trying to charge me for cake/champagne. Please don't pay this. Buy the things you need instead of paying them for nothing!

Photo Shoot: we have our hour long photo shoot following the cocktail hour, we probably will get a CD package for $300

Dinner: They want to charge you per person for a private dinner. My Fiance and I want to have a laid back, casual, cheap wedding without looking like we were too cheap to have dinner for everyone. I just don't agree with paying $30 per person for a buffet dinner at an all inclusive resort when you have already paid to eat for free! On their website, it says they will reserve a spot in the dining hall for the entire party. So after talking to Lashaun, we have section of the buffet dinner hall reserved for my entire group. Yay! everyone can eat! Sure there will be other people around but at least everyone can eat together, eat what they want, and it's free!

Bonfire: we did splurge on the bonfire as well to have something more private w/ open bar and DJ.

Now I feel like we are getting a good amount of things and will have a full night planned for about $2500. Much more reasonable than the $5000 they were trying to get us to pay with their fees and reception costs! I think I can finally relax!

I had my wedding there in August and I have never heard of the $25pp fee.  Wow! 

Just an FYI on the dinner in the buffet area.  Its really loud at dinner.  We had our rehearsal dinner in the Banana Walk and they placed us beside a wedding party who opted for the wedding reception at the buffet.  I felt really bad for them.  You couldn't hear there toasts or thanks and the bride looked miserable :(.  Are you going to follow this up with the bonfire?  I guess if you do all of your partying there then it really doesn't matter.

Yes, we are still deciding if we want to do the cake cutting/speeches at the cocktail hour or the bonfire. I have to ask if we would be able to do them at the bonfire but as of right now it is planned for the cocktail hour. I don't know how people will feel about eating cake before dinner. I would much rather have it done in a more private setting because I am sure my MOH will have some embarrassing things to say about me that I don't want the world to hear:) Thanks for the heads up!

Originally Posted by dmm354178 View Post

Yes, we are still deciding if we want to do the cake cutting/speeches at the cocktail hour or the bonfire. I have to ask if we would be able to do them at the bonfire but as of right now it is planned for the cocktail hour. I don't know how people will feel about eating cake before dinner. I would much rather have it done in a more private setting because I am sure my MOH will have some embarrassing things to say about me that I don't want the world to hear:) Thanks for the heads up!

i had a friend get married the same week as me and did not do a private dinner like i did. she had her wedding dinner in the italian restaurant and also did the bonfire after and at the bonfire she did her cake cutting and speeches and first dance and i thought it worked out really well!  the bonfire is very private - only your group will be there.

My name is Ebony i get married next week Oct 6,2012. I have a group of 20. We are doing the private dinner. My personal email is ebonypoohbear2004@hotmail.com feel free to email me after 10/09 and I will tell you how mines went. I/m a tad worried myself. All reviews say that do a great ideal , and also my friends cousin married there 2 years ago. I visited this resort 7 years ago.

• 4 months later...