Photo

Sunset Beach Resort & Spa - past and future brides, please post here!

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#1 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
  • 305 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

Hello, i am new here and i am getting married on April 19th at Sunset Beach Resort & Spa in Montego Bay, Jamaica!  I am very excited. i know one person from school who got married there. she was on a budget and she HIGHLY recommended it.  in fact, she totally sold me on it and the price was right.  i would love to be in touch with more past and future Sunset Beach Resort brides, so please post here!!!

i am doing my ceremony on the beach at 4pm.  i know they have a gorgeous wedding gazebo, but it is on the grass and i totally wanted to get married on the sand right in front of the ocean.

i would love to hear about your wedding planning and experiences at Sunset Beach!

#2 delgadot

delgadot
    • 284 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:25 AM

Hello Purple Unicorn-

I know a couple who got married there as well and they said they had a very lovely wedding. I am in the process right now of crunching some numbers with a travel agent because my first resort choice is Iberostar Rose Hall Suites but the rates for that resort are not looking too good so my next choice might be Sunset Beach Resort just because it is an all inclusive resort in Montego Bay and is affordable. I had e-mailed the resort requesting their wedding information but I still have not heard back from them. Would you mind e-mailing me any information you have on the resort's wedding services/packages plus add ons delgadot73@gmail.com

I am curious to know are you able to hire outside vendors like a DJ and photographer and can you rent out any of the restaurants for the wedding reception? The Italian restaurant looks beautiful...

Thank you so much in advance!

#3 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
      • 305 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:17 PM

Hi!

I can tell you lots about planning your wedding there. I have a wedding package I can send you as well, but i am at work and don't have it with me, so i will email you tonight with more info!

I am doing private reception like you mentioned and it will be on a covered terrace - that's where they told me they do their private receptions.  I don't know anyone before who has done it though so i am going in a bit blind. I will certainly post pictures after my wedding so you can see. I never once thought of or asked about renting out the restaurant, so you would have to ask them.

As for the late replies, I get that too. sometimes they reply to my email within a day, sometimes over a week!  so far though i have had all my questions answered and haven't been too stressed since there is still lots of time to my wedding - well less time now, but i started emailing them back in August when i booked.

#4 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
        • 305 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:23 PM

hi delgadot!  i emailed you this evening. if for some reason you didn't get it, let me know!

#5 Tiffanya21

Tiffanya21
          • 96 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:41 AM

I am getting married at Sunset Jamaica Grande. I have heard nothing but good reviews from people about all the Sunset Resorts! So excited! Good luck with your wedding! :)

#6 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
            • 305 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:14 AM

thanks! you too!

Originally Posted by Tiffanya21 

I am getting married at Sunset Jamaica Grande. I have heard nothing but good reviews from people about all the Sunset Resorts! So excited! Good luck with your wedding! :)

#7 Maygan81

Maygan81
              • 23 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:55 PM

Hi!  Did they offer your guest a group rate? If so who did you contact?

#8 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
                • 305 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:56 AM

Hello.  No, I booked through a travel agent. My guest had the option of booking with her or on their own. she was a great  help with many other aspects of planning the wedding. I highly recommend her - Kathy Calvert from Weddings in Jamaica.

kathy@weddingsinjamaica.com

Tele:  1-800-585-9437 or 1-305-757-0735
                  E-Fax 1-888-761-8384

#9 Maygan81

Maygan81
                  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:38 PM

anyone know how the cakes and flowers turn out and how much they charge to use off site people?

#10 Maygan81

Maygan81
                    • 23 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:37 AM

im getting married there 11-11-11.  Are you going with their cake and flourist? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users