Photo

When does it start to feel real?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 islandbride8

islandbride8
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:06 AM

I'm a little less than 5 months out and everything is SLOWLY starting to feel real to me.  Sending STDs didn't make a bit of difference to me, getting my dress made no difference either (I knew it was definately happening to me, just didn't feel real yet).  We booked 2 days ago and that's when things started feeling real.  Also, we received our first wedding gift in the mail last week and that felt AMAZING!  I think it's little things like that which make it feel real to me.  I'm wondering when it will feel real to my fiance b/c I want him to share in my joy.  He says it won't feel real to him until he's there :(

#12 shelbygirl

shelbygirl
    • 186 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:10 AM

My wedding is in a month.  It feels real now. When I first started this process, it felt like it was SO far away.  Now it is right around the corner!!! Starting to get anxiety about projects I don't have done!!!

#13 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
      • 284 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:30 AM

I got this sense of calm when I saw my BM and mom running around in my hotel room getting ready and I was able to just sit on my balcony with my Dad for a bit. It really started to sink in that this was my wedding day. Then when we waited outside my room for the WC to pick us up to go to the ceremony site, it felt so real and I got super excited!  Before that it just felt like I was planning a party for everyone and was on vacation!

#14 merrylee

merrylee
        • 687 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:28 PM

Congrats to all of you who are so close to having your fairy tales come true.  And thank you all for letting me know that I am not alone in how I feel in this crazy adventures.

Lindsey-Congrats, how does it feel to be a Mrs for 2 whole months?

#15 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
          • 284 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:06 PM

Honestly, no different, but we have been together for 8 years so I didn't expect things to really change!!  Although it does occur to me that I am married and make me smile when I notice my husband's ring on his finger! 

#16 lovepea

lovepea
            • 155 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:21 AM

It doesn't seem real to me most days.  When we went wedding band shopping and he put the ring on his finger and said, hey how about this, I really like this one?  I looked at his hand, wearing the ring and semi-freaked out inside.  THAT made it feel real to me. 

Then later, I was back to normal and this all feels like playing make believe :)  Putting on my dress does not elecit the "real" feeling that I keep expecting it to.

#17 pfeiffla

pfeiffla
              • 155 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

It didn't really start feeling real to me until the other day when I got an email telling me I only had 17 days to go!  I thought holy crap, that's not that much time!  It seemed like we had alot of time when we had 14 months to plan and prepare :)

#18 merrylee

merrylee
                • 687 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:31 AM

I go through phases.  It feels real one day and then the next it's like ehh.nope.  My dress doesn't make it real either.  I like my dress, but I am not about the clothes if that makes sense.  My photography is what matters to me so maybe after we get engagement pix?

#19 pfeiffla

pfeiffla
                  • 155 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:05 PM

Maybe that will work, I never had engagment pics done cause I could care less if my hometown knew I was getting married!  I feel the same way about the dress, but I will tell you, as these last 2 weeks are rolling by and we are finalizing airport details, etc, I am starting to feel the anxiousness :)

Originally Posted by merrylee 

I go through phases.  It feels real one day and then the next it's like ehh.nope.  My dress doesn't make it real either.  I like my dress, but I am not about the clothes if that makes sense.  My photography is what matters to me so maybe after we get engagement pix?

#20 merrylee

merrylee
                    • 687 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:34 AM

I am so excited for you and I can't wait to see pix.  When do you leave?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users