Photo

Room Blocks, Deposits & Group Rates...Oh My!! TA Help Needed!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 perry1217

perry1217
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:36 PM

Ok, so I am a major novice at the whole TA thing.  I have started talking to a TA from the site, but I don't want to drive her crazy with a hundred one-question e-mails.  Can you ladies assist me with some advice, suggestions, and questions I should definitely ask a TA?  I am getting married 1-6-12 in Riviera Maya, Mexico.  Thanks girls!!!

Playacar Palace Bride - January 6, 2012!!!!

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by perry1217 

Ok, so I am a major novice at the whole TA thing.  I have started talking to a TA from the site, but I don't want to drive her crazy with a hundred one-question e-mails.  Can you ladies assist me with some advice, suggestions, and questions I should definitely ask a TA?  I am getting married 1-6-12 in Riviera Maya, Mexico.  Thanks girls!!!

you know, thats what your ta is for...to answer your questions....

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 perry1217

perry1217
    • 355 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:28 AM

I know, and she has been absolutely wonderful and prompt with her responses!  I thought it would be a little bit easier thought to try to get an idea of some FAQ's to ask her instead of sending her a different question with each e-mail! 

Originally Posted by Tammy Host 

Quote:

you know, thats what your ta is for...to answer your questions....

#4 kya101

kya101
      • 645 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:06 AM

I'm in the same boat as you Perry1217. I have spoken to a TA, but it's hard I have so many questions and it seems like such a long time away still too. My TA also told me that we wouldn't be able to book until like MAY!!!! My guests are already starting to asking too. It's really hard because of where we live also... we are way up in northern Ontario and there's only 1 TA in our little town!!!! I'll let you know if I find any info to help us :)   

#5 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:09 AM

I agree with Tammy, that the TA is there to answer your questions, so that's always your best bet.  But if you are feeling like you are overwhelming him/her with too many questions, why not just keep a list and send a few questions once a week/month or something?

#6 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,368 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:23 PM

I agree with Carly.  Make a list of questions and send them like once every few weeks, then give her several days to respond since she'll be handling a bunch of questions from you at once.

#7 perry1217

perry1217
            • 355 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

I'm not even sure what questions to ask half the time! Lol! And Kya - you can always click on the banner at the top to talk to a BDW agent. That's what I did! My TA is Teresa Stauring and she has been wonderful so far!

#8 kya101

kya101
              • 645 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

Thanks... I'm going to check it out, I didn't know about that! Still learning every minute on here :) 

I'm not even sure what questions to ask half the time! Lol!
                And Kya - you can always click on the banner at the top to talk to a BDW agent. That's what I did! My TA is Teresa Stauring and she has been wonderful so far!

#9 Brenners

Brenners
                • 807 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:45 PM

Perry, thank you for pointing out the obvious to me as I have been on this forum for a while and NEVER noticed the darn banner!  You are a life saver!  I think I may need to update my contacts prescription....sheesh....This is exactly what I needed. 

I'm not even sure what questions to ask half the time! Lol!
                  And Kya - you can always click on the banner at the top to talk to a BDW agent. That's what I did! My TA is Teresa Stauring and she has been wonderful so far!

#10 AwayDC

AwayDC
                  • 155 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:43 AM

Good to know. Thanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users