AHR~ Family Unity Ceremony HELP!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 missgomes

• 296 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:28 PM

Hi everyone!  We are having an AHR about 2 months after the wedding for everyone who can't make it out to Jamaica.  It's going to be semi informal, a bbq at a local beach/state park.  My son really wants to be apart of the wedding so we would like to do a ceremony specifically dedicated to him.  Has anyone ever done this or seen it done??  Help!

I am thinking of doing a candle ceremony, vows dedicated to our "new family".  We will dress in white.  I am even thinking of going semi formal in attire... what are your thoughts?

I need as much help as I can get.  Should we decorate?  Send out invites?  Sand ceremony, candle ceremony?  I am looking for suggestions and ideas. 

Thank you!

#2 clgriffi7

• Banned
    • 630 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:28 PM

I definitely like the idea of semi-formal white attire, but I think I would go with a sand ceremony over a candle ceremony.  Not sure how old your som is, but sand just seems safer.  Also, if you buy one of the sand ceremoeny kits with a place for a photo in it, you can put a picture of the new family and place the frame somewhere prominent as a reminder.  (I am partial to the keepsake that a sand ceremony offers!)

I think if you are having the event at a state park/beach, then you don't really need to decorate as a pretty outdoor setting will be all you need.  Maybe just decorate the table around which the ceremony will take place.

And I think you should do some sort of invite that you let your son help you design.  For our AHR, we are just planning on doing a custom postcard with a description of the event and a request to RSVP via email.  So even though there is no need for a formal invitation, I think it would be nice to send out something as it gives you yet another keepsake for the event.

Best of luck with your planning. 

#3 missgomes

• 296 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:59 AM

@clgriffi7- This was so helpful.  I think the sand ceremony will be a great idea!!

#4 sharlie

• 261 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

thanks for the ideas

Negril, Jamaica
          24 booked =)
          Can't wait til the big day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users