Photo

What do you think is the most important budget item for a DW?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 Spazz

Spazz
  • VIP Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:39 PM

We are spending the most on travel and rooms...me, my FI and our moms. The most important thing for me to spend money on is gifts for my guests, I've become obsessed with finding the perfect BMs gifts and stuff for OOT bags. I guess I want them to see how much we appreciate them coming such a long way for our wedding.

#12 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:40 PM

Photography was number one and then the food. I'm a picky eater so I knew if I like the food they would love it..

#13 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:41 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
        I will say this---- other than our own travel being the biggest expense- our next two items to focus on would be food and entertainment. Overall, we want to "spoil" guests as much as possible for the wedding...
        Good point Maria. We spent more on our WD than the hotel . . . okay I'm changing my answer. The WD because of the outstanding ambiance and food we all shared as one happy group. The whole fellowship aspect of it made it so that at the wedding everyone was already in sync. I'm glad we splurged on that.

#14 Chiquita

Chiquita
        • 2,674 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:17 PM

The thing that me and my FI will spend the most on for the actual wedding is the photography! We really wanted the most awesome pics and the guy we picked is amazing.

#15 Jackie

Jackie
          • 2,290 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:48 PM

UM for us it would be location and photographer everything else will need to be budgeted closely
            My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#16 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:48 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Chiquita
              The thing that me and my FI will spend the most on for the actual wedding is the photography! We really wanted the most awesome pics and the guy we picked is amazing.
              Who did you go with for photography?

#17 1elephant

1elephant
              • VIP Member
              • 15,998 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:50 PM

i think the most important thing is making sure the guests are having a good time, and are happy. however, if you look at our budget, the most expensive things so far are travel and photography (which are still 2 good ways to spend the $$).

#18 NYJen

NYJen
                • 1,326 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:56 PM

Half of our budget is being spent on F&B. I'm from NY, and weddings here are all about the food - the cocktail hour to be specific. And since Cabo isn't big on cocktail parties, we're putting a bit more money into it. (I want to make sure my guests get the same treatment they would have if we had our wedding at home.)

After that, a lot of money is going towards our honeymoon and photographer.

#19 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:52 PM

Photography is very important to us. Also, travel expenses and the wedding ceremony/reception.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#20 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
                    • 679 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:08 PM

The most important thing to me was making sure that we could get any immediate family down to Jamaica that couldn't afford to do so on their own. Then the photographer. This is the one part that will last forever, and will passed down in the years to come. I also want to make sure my guests know that their coming meant a lot, so there will be a good part of the budget going to special things for them.
                      Brittney & Peter
                      July 12, 2008
                      Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users