Sign in to follow this  
Alyssa

What do you think is the most important budget item for a DW?

DW are so different than traditional weddings! i am wondering what is the most important budget item to you?

i.e., photography, dress, food, paying for other people, etc.

feedback.gif

Our biggest is the cost of travel for us, parents, and the bridal party. that's a big one!

For us, I'd say it was about 50/50 between the food and the rate on the room for the guests. That's what we negotiated the hardest and worried about the most when we were picking a place.

Wow... that's a good question. For us, it was the cost of rooms bc my inlaws were paying for guest's hotel stay for the night of our rehearsal dinner and wedding... but as far as personal preferences, the one thing i didnt hesitate to spend money on was the photographer bc to me, pictures are what you are left with when all the food is eaten, guests are gone, dress is packed away, etc.

I will say this---- other than our own travel being the biggest expense- our next two items to focus on would be food and entertainment. Overall, we want to "spoil" guests as much as possible for the wedding...

Most important was securing a decent rate so my guests could afford to come, and us since we have 5 kids, but I think that is a given with most of us. So setting accomadations aside, most important was my pictures, this was the most alone Everton and I were our entire trip, and we have beautiful pictures to go along with our memories. I also was happy I budgetted all the little extra's for our guests that made them feel appreciated.