beachesSB1412
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:44 PM

I hadnt seen this fb page yet - THANKS!

#12 CBREWSTER

CBREWSTER
    • 190 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:10 PM

No problem anytime I find something I will try to remember to post it here!

#13 beachesSB1412

beachesSB1412
      • 171 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:47 PM

My TA/friend is back from her trip to Jamaica!  Bad news - the rooms are NOT being renovated - booo!  The exterior is being painted a neutral color and there are other upgrades going on: Club Liquid added, Tween hangout, xBox garage.  She said that this is resort is of course on the smaller side but that is the best part because the staff is more easy going and they get to know you by name and your likes/dislikes.  She met Chloe (off site coordinator), Fabriella (onsite WC) and Nicholas the resort manager and said they were all super nice and more than helpful.  

If you have kids in your group this place is nice for them as they have added the above mentioned amenties for them - they even have crafts and full day schedules of activities by age groups!

#14 beachesSB1412

beachesSB1412
        • 171 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:52 PM

BTW apparently the resorts are trying to make it possible to do more personalizing to the ceremonies but this is in early stages.  They are also trying to get more tropical/native floral options for bouquets.  So, if you have a ways to go before your actual ceremony I recommend making NO commitments just yet to details as options may increase.  They are also discussing lower the fee for a sunset ceremony and I actually think this is pretty much a done deal - like $600 extra for sunset ceremony - which sunset was 6:15 - 6:30 just last week there and I think the latest no addl fee ceremony is 4pm which is what I chose.

#15 CBREWSTER

CBREWSTER
          • 190 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:51 PM

Thanks for the information. Yes my TA told me about the sunlight option for $600 and that the resorts are trying to make it so that you can make you wedding more personable. I don't know if the changes will be implemented by time of my wedding though. Cause they seem to move so slow with everything. Jamaica time I guess...LOL! I was really hoping that they were updating the rooms... But oh well I gave my guest the options of staying at all three resorts Beaches Sandy Bay, Beaches Negril, or Sandals Negril. Guess the best part is that they should not be in the room that much. Do you have any pics to share?

#16 beachesSB1412

beachesSB1412
            • 171 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:03 PM

No pics just yet; my TA is working on getting those to me.  I agree with you on the rooms - that is NOT where I plan on spending much of my time.  I forgot to tell ya too that lounge chairs on the beach are 1st come 1st served so we'll have to get down there kinda early reserve us a good spot then grab breakfast - lol.

Originally Posted by CBREWSTER 

Thanks for the information. Yes my TA told me about the sunlight option for $600 and that the resorts are trying to make it so that you can make you wedding more personable. I don't know if the changes will be implemented by time of my wedding though. Cause they seem to move so slow with everything. Jamaica time I guess...LOL! I was really hoping that they were updating the rooms... But oh well I gave my guest the options of staying at all three resorts Beaches Sandy Bay, Beaches Negril, or Sandals Negril. Guess the best part is that they should not be in the room that much. Do you have any pics to share?

#17 CBREWSTER

CBREWSTER
              • 190 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:54 PM

Thanks... Yeah breakfast on the beach sounds really good about now. Is it July Yet?? Lol!

#18 FutureMrzMalone

FutureMrzMalone
                • 91 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:44 AM

Hello I am a future Beaches Sandy Bay Bride. I am getting married there next year and I am going to need a smuch help as possible. Hopefully Cbrewster you can let me know how your wedding turned out and what it was like for you and your guest. :-)

My Royal Carribean Wedding 12/8/12

20 booked at Beaches Sandy Bay........... AND COUNTING!!!!

#19 FutureMrzMalone

FutureMrzMalone
                  • 91 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:18 PM

Thank you sooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the pictures. :-)

#20 FutureMrzMalone

FutureMrzMalone
                    • 91 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:25 AM

I know we haven't posted on here in a while BUT I have a couple of questions for you since I see you already booked your wedding. I am supposed to book beaches Sandy Bay today and I wanted know what reception option did you choose and what were your prices like? Also did you do the free wedding package.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users