Beaches Sandy Bay Brides Unite

We got everyone booked.  They either had to stay longer (I'm sure they are real torn up about that-NOT), or they had to cut a day or so off.  Either way everyone is booked at the same resort!!!!  Shew!

We are planning on the 2hr sit down dinner reception and DJ.  I will still have the one steel drummer for the ceremony and maybe have him play a little (last 1/2 of his hour) at reception.  The DJ will of course play music and act as emcee.  I was so glad to hear that the "free" rehearsal dinner choices are indeed different from the reception dinner choices.  I couldn't (read didnt want to credit card it) have done the 2hr reception dinner without my MIL's $ help so I am so grateful for that.  I will let you know when we get more planned.

I finally made my "final" (LOL) decision on my bouquet.  I am thinking about making keychains for my reception favor from some Jamaican coins my TA brought back for me.

I just saw a post on here for doing a guestbook w/ a Instapix camera and props.  It was awesome!  Now I need to decide between that and the Thumbprint guestbook.  More decisions.

Have you spoke to Chloe (WC) lately?  I have emailed her twice with no response and have seen on here that others are having a hard time reaching her.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I am soo excited that you have most of the planning done. I was told that if u book a certain amount of rooms that u get the steel drum for free. Is that true? Also as fas as Chloe goes she isn't my wedding coordinator. The day I was supposed to have a session with her I got a phone call from Shane and he said that he was my new coordinator. I was told though that Chloe was out sick. So she could be out sick still. Idk. I have a LOT to do because I haven't even had one planning session yet. :-( That guest book idea sounds like soo much fun? How would u to do that? I like that idea. :-)

We got everyone booked.  They either had to stay longer (I'm sure they are real torn up about that-NOT), or they had to cut a day or so off.  Either way everyone is booked at the same resort!!!!  Shew!

We are planning on the 2hr sit down dinner reception and DJ.  I will still have the one steel drummer for the ceremony and maybe have him play a little (last 1/2 of his hour) at reception.  The DJ will of course play music and act as emcee.  I was so glad to hear that the "free" rehearsal dinner choices are indeed different from the reception dinner choices.  I couldn't (read didnt want to credit card it) have done the 2hr reception dinner without my MIL's $ help so I am so grateful for that.  I will let you know when we get more planned.

I finally made my "final" (LOL) decision on my bouquet.  I am thinking about making keychains for my reception favor from some Jamaican coins my TA brought back for me.

I just saw a post on here for doing a guestbook w/ a Instapix camera and props.  It was awesome!  Now I need to decide between that and the Thumbprint guestbook.  More decisions.

Have you spoke to Chloe (WC) lately?  I have emailed her twice with no response and have seen on here that others are having a hard time reaching her.

• 1 month later...

i got married here in April 2011.  It was beautiful. We have 35 guests and i paid for ALOT of upgrades.  We got married right on the beach, I had steel drum band, arch with shells coming down, cocktails followed in gazebo.  then we had dinner on the beach (for everyone, expensive but beautiful), Food was fantastic, we had the pink lanterns and I added my own pink dinner cards and pink sachets with candy for favours, just to pink up the tables. 

i didn't like the pink butterfly decor option but I did use the pink butterflies on cupcakes.  everything was very nice.  but the 'add on" were a killer.  we wanted cushions on our seats, paid for that, we did the sand ceremony (with two kids so we all had wanted a different colour, had to pay for each different coloured sand!!).  i upgraded my flowers to the pink roses, beautiful.  I love REAL flowers.

w

e also did a flower presentation to parents, a jamaican tradition to honour your parents.  I opted for the flower presentation and sand ceremony to add some length to the regular ceremony (which was the perfect length by the way).  i didn't want it to by over too fast.

pm me so i can send you more pics, takes too long on here.

the evening goes by really fast, you are on a time schedule.  we paid the DJ extra after our 2 hours was up, because we were having so much fun.  we did our dinner on beach, down by the covered reception area so when it rained (and it did rain for us:( we had another spot to dance.

my personal opinion, do what is important to you, in the end doesn't matter a whole lot, goes by fast, but i paid in excess of $6000 and all of my guests felt really special.  My wedding was not cookie-cutter, like many of the weddings, you pay for the extra touches.  the staff is really great, make friends with them before your wedding, we had the dj (mikel and fabriella the wedding coordinator dance with us and sing with us).  it is what you make it.

post-35388-138622310899_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I booked my wedding at BSB for December 12,2012 and then I saw the reviews a had a little nervous breakdown. I have been to BSB before; it was actually my very first all-inclusive trip. But that was in January of 2003. I know that I loved my time there back then but who knows what happened in all the years that passed. I would have loved to book it at Sandals Negril, but my brother will be bringing his little boy who will only be about 5 months at the time of the wedding. Anyway you post have made me feel much better about my decision to book there. If anyone could send me some pics or advice on what extras to pay for I would love it. We are paying for 10 people including ourselves so our cost is already up there and I donâ€t want to waste any extra cash on unnecessary items.

• 2 months later...

I just got a phone call today - I'm now on my third wedding planner for my wedding in June - this is just crazy. 1st Chole, 2nd Shane and 3rd Dexter. I don't understand what is going on and it's making me very nervous. Has anyone else had their wedding planner changed?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

For those of you brides that already got married, congrats!  I would love to see pics if you could please send them to me (rdfire2@yahoo.com)!  

Currently struggling on deciding which resort to go to and time is ticking as we want to get married this November.

Also, if you have any feedback based on your experience would love to hear it.

Thanks so much ladies :)

I would love to see pics if you could please send them to me (rdfire2@yahoo.com)!  

Currently struggling on deciding which resort to go to and time is ticking as we want to get married this November.

Also, if you have any feedback based on your experience would love to hear it.

Thanks so much ladies :)

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to everyone getting married at BSB. My FI and I plan to have a destination wedding (haven't picked a place) BUT was at BSB this past July and figured I could pass along some information about the resort. I was not there for a wedding but saw plenty of weddings take place throughout the week. I feel like looking at Trip Advisor, there are a lot of negative reviews about BSB. It was a nice resort but not as upgraded as Beaches Negril. I actually preferred Beaches Negril because the resort was larger, more upgraded with more restaurants and pool areas. The beach was large but the water was rougher than at BSB. The large "tiki hut" for wedding receptions was beautiful too! The nice thing about BSB is that you can use Beaches Negril - they have a van that goes between both resorts during the day. Now about BSB - the resort is much smaller and intimate. The beach was wonderful, tons of places to sit and always available rafts to lay in the water on. The water sports were always available, snorkling was great. Wasn't crazy about the pool - it wasn't anything special. It was a standard L shaped pool that you would see anywhere and a smaller oval pool outside the rooms we stayed in (compared to the pool bar and beautiful pools at Beaches Negril). The pool didn't give me the "at a Caribbean resort" feel. They have 2 restaurants at BSB that are fantastic! One is Italian and is inside - wonderful food! The other is directly above the Italian restaurant, it overlooks the ocean and has wonderful seafood (especially the crab cakes). Both restaurants are on the smaller side so if you plan to have a reception there be cautious of the number of guets you have. I would think 30 people would completely fill each restaurant. The downside to the restaurants are that there are only 2 (plus the buffet). At dinner, we would sometimes wait for 45-60 minutes for a table for 5 just because it seemed at everyone at the resort was trying to eat at the 2 restaurants. Breakfast was only available at the buffet and lunch was only served at the buffet or the little but near the pool. The rooms are OK, nothing special. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. The room was clean and nice but not updated. It wasn't a huge issue though because we were hardly in the room - only to sleep and get ready for dinner. My wedding recommendations would be - Make sure in your OOT bags you put big spray!!!! Definetly needed as sand bugs and Mosquitos are everywhere! And the gift shop didn't sell bug spray! Thank god we brought our own otherwise we would have been bitten up! and bring your own photographer! They had "photographers" around the resort taking pictures of everyone staying there... but the pictures were terrible! Not "photographer" quality, more of my 14-year old brother quality. I would be very upset if my wedding pictures were of similar quality so bring your own! If I think of anything else, I will Definetly add!