Photo

Need Help with dress! Orignally planning a traditional wedding, now on the beach, can I wear this dress???

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#11 smfs

smfs
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:31 PM

Stay with it! My dress is completely not a beach appropriete dress! I have a train & will work it even though there is sand lol!

*16 confirmed~9/10/11~Nassau, Bahamas*
    http://vimeo.com/19177280

#12 Lua

Lua
    • 1,231 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:33 PM

It's gorgeous!!! I say stick with it!!! :)  I'm not giving up my dream of a formal gown for my beach wedding! ;)

#13 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:35 PM

Do whatever makes you happiest!  You can afford to buy a new dress since you've downgraded to a less formal ceremony, so if you want to switch, you def should.

That being said, I would a fully beaded and lace couture gown for my beach wedding b/c it was what I wanted.  I didn't care about light and flowy once I found "the" dress.  So if you think that is your special dress, stick with it!  If you want to switch it up, go for it!

#14 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
        • 284 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:47 PM

Your dress looks very beachy to me!  Mine had a huge train, tons of beading and was in no sense "beachy" and it fit right in with the setting of my wedding.  Just choose an outfit for your groom that goes with your dress and you will look amazing together! 

#15 Tifany

Tifany
          • 248 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:49 PM

It's a gorgeous dress and you look amazing in it! :) Go with what makes you happy!

#16 82turtles

82turtles
            • 297 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:53 PM

Agree with all the other girls.. You look beautiful and it's a gorgeous dress! Keep it! 

I had been looking for a beachy/flowy dress, but none of them looked that great on, plus I figured, you only get a chance to wear a bridal dress one time! Wear what you love; every dress looks great on a beach.

#17 Hoisthemain

Hoisthemain
              • 14 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

WOW!! Thank you all SO much for your responses! I feel soo much better about it now!!  I did totally fall in love with the dress originally so I was having a really hard time deciding what to do!  Thank you for making the decision easier!!

#18 Hoisthemain

Hoisthemain
                • 14 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

Thank you "MVP"!!!  I am looking for hair and make-up!  Can you email me your prices and information?  Hoisthemain@yahoo.com Thanks!!!

#19 MVPHairMakeup

MVPHairMakeup
                  • 91 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:29 PM

Hello whoisthemain!

I just sent you an email. Secrets Maroma is beautiful!  I will be there on Thursday if you need specific pics of the hotel let me know :)   

#20 sunshine2413

sunshine2413
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 340 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:10 AM

Keep the dress... you look amazing!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users