Need Help with dress! Orignally planning a traditional wedding, now on the beach, can I wear this dress???

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Hoisthemain

• 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

Hey everyone!  I am new on here...my fiance and I have been engaged for 8 months and have been planning a traditional outdoor park wedding in Savannah, GA.  Well, it was just getting to big and expensive and stressfull!  So we have decided to scratch the whole thing, get married just the two of us on the beach at Secrets Maroma where we are honeymooning...Only problem is, now I'm freaking out that the dress I bought will be too formal for the beach!!  Should I get something more casual/flowy?  Or stick with it?geneva 1.JPGgeneva 2.JPG

#2 dimax21

• Site Supporter
    • 34 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

Stick with it! It is a beautiful dress! I am getting married on the beach and have a formal dress :) 

May 19th, 2011 RPDC

#3 MVPHairMakeup

• 91 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:03 PM

The perfect thing about your wedding day is IT'S YOUR DAY!!  I think it is beautiful and you look sooo happy in it. I have done several weddings here in Cancun and the styles of dresses range from formal to super simple. I say work it!!

#4 Brandy

• 2,628 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:56 PM

Keep your dress is gorgeous!!!!!

#5 Thomasjsgirl

• 1,098 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

It's gorgeous and if it makes you happy, wear it!

Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
            Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
            Leftover Wedding Items FS:

#6 PaperBagPrincess

• 320 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:00 PM

Keep it!  Lots of brides on here and worn formal dresses and they look great.  I've never seen a dress where I said....well that didn't look good on the beach.  It really looks wonderful on you!!!  the details will looks amazing on the beach.

#7 mmcst38

• 237 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

Your dress is really pretty I love it! Love the shape on you! I actually think that dress will look great on the beach but, I don't like the flowy dress look, just my opinion though. My dress isn't flowy either its mermaid and many other girls on here don't have that flowy typical beach look either, if you love it keep it! Congrats!

May 13, 2011
                Riu Resort
                Ochos Rios Jamaica

#8 jennifersyble

• 166 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:13 PM

definitely. it's very pretty!

#9 clgriffi7

• Banned
                  • 630 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:35 PM

You will find that most brides on this forum are getting married on or near the beach and way less than half (from all the pictures I have seen) chose beachy/flowy dresses.  The advice most often given on this forum is that this is your day you should do whatever will make you happy.  If that is your dream dress, then stick with it!  You want to look at those wedding pictures with no regrets...

(My heavy mermaid dress will be a nightmare on the beach where I am having my reception, but I chose it anyway because that is the style I looked best in so I knew that is what would make me feel beautiful on my wedding day.)

#10 BeachBridein11

• 610 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:43 AM

Stick with your dress!  You choose it for a reason!  Plus you look amazing in it!!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users