Jump to content

Photo

All RiuOR Noon or Earlier Brides...What can we do until 6PM??????


  • Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 AnnaReeves1

AnnaReeves1
  • Newbie
  • 38 posts

    Posted 24 October 2007 - 03:24 PM

    Hi,

    I am getting married at 12 noon March 14th.

    Not ideal, especially as the travel agent had lead me to believe it had been booked for 4pm!

    We are looking at the idea of the ceremony/pictures finishing around 1:30, telling everyone that they are then welcome to go and get something to eat.

    We will then hire a bus around 2:30ish, go to Dunns river falls, take champagne and glasses etc, and have a champagne toast by the falls, and even do our speeches there!

    Then by the time we get back to the hotel, people can freshen up for the meal at the steak house.

    #62 Spazz

    Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

      Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:42 PM

      Yay! My time has been changed to 2:00 instead of noon! I have been practically stalking the RIU to find out if any brides have canceled and found out today that one did. I would still rather have 4:00, but I'm a lot happier that I got 2:00 now!!!!

      #63 IrieBride08

      IrieBride08
      • Member
      • 716 posts

        Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:45 PM

        Yayy Lizz! So happy for you! Way to stalk!!

        OK. Now that your time is 2pm, what kind of timeline are you considering? I'm getting married at 2 and still don't know how I'm going to plot out the days events...


        #64 Spazz

        Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

          Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:51 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by IrieBride08
          Yayy Lizz! So happy for you! Way to stalk!!

          OK. Now that your time is 2pm, what kind of timeline are you considering? I'm getting married at 2 and still don't know how I'm going to plot out the days events...
          I'm going to start hair/make-up around 9:00. When I had the noon time slot and I contacted Renova Spa to tell them my 8 BMs and I needed our hair done, I was told they would need to start at 7:00! I'm guessing if we start at 9:00 now, all of our hair and stuff will be done and we'll be ready to go around 1:30. I am going to have the photographer come to my room at 1:30 to get some shots. Then, from 1:45 til I'm guessing around 3:30, we'll have the ceremony and more pictures on the beach. I'm going to tell my guests they can either go freshen up and relax and meet back for dinner or they can come with us and the bridal party to one of the bars to have some drinks for a few hours. During this time, I'm going to have my sisters go over to the Planation to make sure that the reception is set up as I want. At 6:15 or so, I'll make my way over to the Plantation and do the whole reception thing. I'm now undecided on whether to do the Plantation for 4 hours or for 2 hours plus the disco for 2 hours.

          #65 IrieBride08

          IrieBride08
          • Member
          • 716 posts

            Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:59 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lizz
            I'm going to start hair/make-up around 9:00. When I had the noon time slot and I contacted Renova Spa to tell them my 8 BMs and I needed our hair done, I was told they would need to start at 7:00! I'm guessing if we start at 9:00 now, all of our hair and stuff will be done and we'll be ready to go around 1:30. I am going to have the photographer come to my room at 1:30 to get some shots. Then, from 1:45 til I'm guessing around 3:30, we'll have the ceremony and more pictures on the beach. I'm going to tell my guests they can either go freshen up and relax and meet back for dinner or they can come with us and the bridal party to one of the bars to have some drinks for a few hours. During this time, I'm going to have my sisters go over to the Planation to make sure that the reception is set up as I want. At 6:15 or so, I'll make my way over to the Plantation and do the whole reception thing. I'm now undecided on whether to do the Plantation for 4 hours or for 2 hours plus the disco for 2 hours.
            Sounds good. I guess I was thinking about how to let the day flow without a big break in the day, but that may not be a bad thing. I'm going to have a cocktail reception with heavy h'ors, so maybe it would be a good idea for me to go ahead and have a break and have everyone meet me for dinner at one of the restaurants later (and then I can get around the high cost of a sit down dinner reception.) I just need to decide whether to do the cake cutting, first dance, etc. during my little cocktail reception or not. I'm not sure how I feel about that. *Sigh* So much to decide!

            #66 Spazz

            Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

              Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:03 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by IrieBride08
              Sounds good. I guess I was thinking about how to let the day flow without a big break in the day, but that may not be a bad thing. I'm going to have a cocktail reception with heavy h'ors, so maybe it would be a good idea for me to go ahead and have a break and have everyone meet me for dinner at one of the restaurants later (and then I can get around the high cost of a sit down dinner reception.) I just need to decide whether to do the cake cutting, first dance, etc. during my little cocktail reception or not. I'm not sure how I feel about that. *Sigh* So much to decide!
              I think you should do the cake cutting, first dance, etc during the reception, that would be really nice. When my wedding was at 12:00, I thought that a 4 or 5 hour break was too much, now that it's at 2:00, I don't think 2 or 3 hours is that bad. When I go to weddings at home, there is usually a 2 hour break between, so it won't be a huge deal I hope.

              #67 IrieBride08

              IrieBride08
              • Member
              • 716 posts

                Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:11 PM

                You're probably right about that. When you put it that way, it sounds really good. Maybe I'll even do a second dress for dinner at the restaurant!

                #68 twinkletoes

                twinkletoes
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,302 posts

                  Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:23 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Lizz
                  Yay! My time has been changed to 2:00 instead of noon! I have been practically stalking the RIU to find out if any brides have canceled and found out today that one did. I would still rather have 4:00, but I'm a lot happier that I got 2:00 now!!!!
                  Congrats on your new time! LOOOL, I thought I was the only one that stalked the RIU to find out about any cancellations. Glad to know I'm not alone
                  2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

                  #69 Jerzzygirl

                  Jerzzygirl
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 203 posts

                    Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:32 PM

                    Yayyyyyy 2pm Liz!! Thats the time that I had. I had an 11:00 hair time and by 12 we were done with my hair and I was at the poolbar having a drink!! Today is my 2 week anniversary....lol

                    #70 Spazz

                    Spazz
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,482 posts

                      Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:33 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jerzzygirl
                      Today is my 2 week anniversary....lol
                      You're so cute!!!! You and your DH need to have a celebration drink tonight!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users