All RiuOR Noon or Earlier Brides...What can we do until 6PM??????

Maybe you guys should have a cocktail hour right after the ceremony then book the Mammebay for dinner and then off to the disco from 9-11.

That way after the ceremony you still have time to entertain your guests for a bit and meet back up later for dinner and dancing.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittneyD View Post
We had considered having our reception on the beach. She said that it would be $50/person including drinks. The menu she sent me for this was barbeque. Let me see if I can find it. I am sure that if they do this at lunch time it is the same menu. $50/person was way out of my budget though.
Hi Brittney,

Thanks, I would really like to see that menu. That can be an option depending on how many guests actually book. I pray we do not exceed 50.
If we have 50 that's $2,500. My best friend just got married in Mobile, AL and just her food was $4,000.

Congrats...my wedding is July 26, 2008. RiuBride2b and I are on the same day!!

grouphug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBride View Post
I have an 11 am ceremony!!! My ceremony was confirmed and then 3 weeks later I got a response from Chandlyn saying there is no private function space available before 6:30pm. I offered to pay whatever was necessary to open one of the ala carte restaurants or close the Plantation. I had my travel agent take it higher than Chandlyn. I was told no and was not given any other suggestions. So I booked my reception offsite begining at 1:00 at Evita's and I am so glad I did. The owner of the restaurant has been way more helpful in planning a recpetion than Chandlyn. That being said I realize that it is preferable to stay on the resort. I also thought of looking into some sort of boat ride or catamaran so I think that would be a nice option. If that deosn't work out I think that just having cocktails and maybe appetizers on the beach following the ceremony would be fine. In fact my sister was mad that I didn't just go with the 6:30 dinner because she wanted to go to the beach and pool in between the ceremony and reception. So I think your guests would enjoy some time to relax.
Hi Mo,

Did you know anything about the beach reception? Do you know if that is an option? How are you transporting your guests to and from Evita's? Is that a very expensive option?

Sorry, I have so many questions :)

Hi Girls, My wedding time at 1st was at noon. I was trying to figure out what we were going to do and I thought I would just get apps served on the beach. They have that as an option. But then I contacted the main riu wedding # in mexico and I was able to change the time to 2:00, because the 2:00 bride never confirmed her time and then they gave me a new confirmation #. So now what I am thinking of doing is after the wedding and pictures have a little cocktail party with apps at one of the bars, I dont care if its private or not. Then get touched up a bit and a little time alone with my new hubby before dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBride View Post
When I asked about private or semi-private space immediately following the ceremony I was told no. When I asked for suggestions I was told wait for Mammee Bay at 6:30. The beach option was never given to me. I'm not sure but I would imagine it is only an option for thos having the last wedding of the day considering they need to set p for the next wedding. I am not positive about that though all I know is I pressed this issue and was never given it as an option. It is worth asking about though.

We have two tour buses picking us up outside the main lobby at 12:30 and taking us to Evita's and returning us when we are finished there. The company we are using is Lee's Taxi and Tours. They have been great. The cost is $10.00 per person. Jamaica Tours wanted $12.00 per person and I can't remember any of the other pricing.

The restaurant is costing us $46.00 per person for appetizers, salad, 4 choices of entree, and wedding cake made by a private baker. We are adding to that with the help of the restaurant's owner, floral centerpieces for $20.00 each, and a reggae band that will play for 2 hours for $600.00. Open bar is $10.00 per person per hour, or you can run a tab. we are running a tab.By the time we would have added cocktails and appetizers on the beach, paid for the Plantation, added the Riu's centerpieces, upgraded the menu, added open bar, and booked the disco, I think it comes out to almost the same. Plus I think it will be a nice touch to treat the guests to a trip off the resort and to a new restaurant that they will not be eating at during the rest of their stay.
Thank you...It's nice to have options!

This is the menu Chandalyn sent me for Beach receptions.

BBQ Menu

Grilled Items:

Boneless Marinated Chicken

Lamb Chops

Beef Steaks

Spare Ribs

Sausages

Shrimps Skewer

Garnishes:

Cob Corn

Jacket Potato

BBQ Beans

Grilled Vegetables

Rice

Sauces:

BBQ

Jerk

Mushroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittneyD View Post
One thing I have learned about Chandalyn is you have to be very specific. She is not going to offer up any information without being specifically asked. It is really annoying. Just make sure you tell her exactly what you want before you assume that it cannot be done.
I have found the same thing to be true. For example, she sent me 3 menus for the dinner at the Plantation, each costing $25-35 per person. After asking her a few times specifically whether or not there was a menu that is "included", she said that there is. So, if I did not directly ask her this question, I would have ended up paying a lot more money for the reception dinner!