#21 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:09 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by foxytv
    Hey Ann, which website did you have the issues with? I'm about to order Tom's ring and want to make sure the site I use isn't the same one. I've got it narrowed down to two sites.
    the website that we had our bad experience with is Irish Jewelry Irish rings Celtic Wedding Bands and Rings at My Irish Jeweler - was that one of them you were looking at?

#22 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:16 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by akh
      the website that we had our bad experience with is Irish Jewelry Irish rings Celtic Wedding Bands and Rings at My Irish Jeweler - was that one of them you were looking at?
      Shoot. Yes, the ring I picked is on that site ... but there is another site that I think I can send them the pic and the can design it as well, so I might try that. Tom wants platinum anyway and this site only does this particular ring in white gold.

#23 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:21 AM

Quote:
        Shoot. Yes, the ring I picked is on that site ... but there is another site that I think I can send them the pic and the can design it as well, so I might try that. Tom wants platinum anyway and this site only does this particular ring in white gold.
        ugh - sorry! that was the only place we found the ring we liked too. until we walked into that local Irish store in St. Paul, MN - they didnt' have the ring on their website, but they could get it. let me know if you want their info ... they got the ring to us in less than a week!

#24 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:21 AM

what ring is it ... have you posted it? i love celtic bands!

#25 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:52 AM

It's this one ...
            Click the image to open in full size.
            I'm not sure what the name of that style knot is to search for others.

But I've found another I like on Wedding Rings & Celtic engagement Rings: affordable & unique gold ring designs! ... although they're made in NY and I really want to get his from Ireland.

Maybe I should contact that store of yours in St. Paul. I went to the only Irish store I could find around here but they didn't have any wedding bands nor could they order them...

#26 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:58 AM

Quote:
              It's this one ...

I'm not sure what the name of that style knot is to search for others.

But I've found another I like on Wedding Rings & Celtic engagement Rings: affordable & unique gold ring designs! ... although they're made in NY and I really want to get his from Ireland.

Maybe I should contact that store of yours in St. Paul. I went to the only Irish store I could find around here but they didn't have any wedding bands nor could they order them...

LOVE that ring! very cool. this store got Paul's ring from Ireland ... so it's the real thing! that was important to Paul too. they have quite a decent selection at the store, and then catalogs to look through.

here is the website: Irish Gifts Minnesota not all of their available jewelry is on their website - i know Paul's ring wasn't. they were so, SO nice too when we went into the store.

tami - please let me know if you want me to go into teh store too. i'd be happy to run over there! i'm not working much at all right now, so i have plenty of time.

#27 foxytv

foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:07 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by akh
                LOVE that ring! very cool. this store got Paul's ring from Ireland ... so it's the real thing! that was important to Paul too. they have quite a decent selection at the store, and then catalogs to look through.

here is the website: Irish Gifts Minnesota not all of their available jewelry is on their website - i know Paul's ring wasn't. they were so, SO nice too when we went into the store.

tami - please let me know if you want me to go into teh store too. i'd be happy to run over there! i'm not working much at all right now, so i have plenty of time.
                OMG!!! They have that EXACT ring on the website and it says it comes from Dublin -- and that they have it in-stock at their store! Thanks, Ann! Hopefully they can get it in Platinum, but I think I'll take white gold if not ... at least it'll be from Ireland. SWEET!!!

#28 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:01 PM

Well, I've done some more research (not in the mood for 'real' work today, lol).

I've found that ring on a few other sites. It does come fromIreland ... but only one site offers it in Platinum -- for almosy $3500!!! ouch!

I called one place and she doesn't think it's offered in Platinum -- but she's calling the jeweler in Ireland to check for me. Heck, I kinda hope it's NOT available in Platinum, cos if it's not, I'm off the hook and will HAVE to get him the white gold.

$600 sounds way better to the checkbook than $3500, that's for sure!!!

#29 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:08 PM

Quote:
                    OMG!!! They have that EXACT ring on the website and it says it comes from Dublin -- and that they have it in-stock at their store! Thanks, Ann! Hopefully they can get it in Platinum, but I think I'll take white gold if not ... at least it'll be from Ireland. SWEET!!!
                    no way - that's AWESOME! Irish on Grand really helped us out in a pinch (after that other website screwed us over).

#30 boscobel

boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:09 PM

Wow, $3,500 is ALOT for a ring! I know platinum is more expensive and all, but dayum. Does Tom know the price difference? Cuz if he does and he still wants it, it might be nice to get it for him. To balance out the e-ring! Matt still complains about the $ spent on that, thinks it was too much, I try to explain that i didnt make the rules! hahahahaaa. I have a white gold ring, so I would say that is fine, but if his heart is set...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users