• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 Jenn

Jenn
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:09 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by leigh miller
    boudoirphotographers.net and i have a good friend whos a great photographer - nicole polk. Nicole Polk Weddings and Polk A Dot Portraits im not sure if she does boudoir or not but her work is great. give her a call.

just as a reference my sessions start at $500-$750 - with a print credit. digital negatives, albums, etc.... are extra. but im in CA and prices vary across the country. and even within a region.
    Thanks Leigh!

#12 Mrs.Morley

Mrs.Morley
    • 259 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:23 AM

Here in Chicago my session was $300. I don't get print credit but I do the high resolution negatives on disc. I really wanted it to do a book so the prints really didn't matter to me.

#13 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:29 AM

I used Leigh Miller...she's already posted her prices.

#14 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:44 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by NurseSarah
          I used Leigh Miller...she's already posted her prices.
          ditto.

(why does it really care that i type a short message?)

#15 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
          • VIP Member
          • 3,405 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:18 AM

My costs:
            Session fee: $150
            Hotel: $225
            Hair and Makeup at outside salon: $75
            Airbrushed Spray tanning: $25
            Countless $$$ on clear shoes and lingere: $300+??
            Photo Book: making myself? $100?

Seeing the look on Andy's face when he see's my decked out bod in print.......priceless!

I'm going to the same gal Kate (Lala) went to......she's cheap, but super good!

#16 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
            • 679 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:08 PM

I have not gotten the quote back from my photog, but I think it will be $350 with a $100 print credit. The album will probably cost $300-400. It is the smae photog that is shooting my wedding, so I have already paid to have ownership of all the pictures taken. I will let you know when I confirm my prices.
              Brittney & Peter
              July 12, 2008
              Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#17 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
              • Vendor
              • 278 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 03:54 PM

I read the post title too quickly and thought it said the cost of BAD photo, I was thinking that would have to be pretty cheap! LOL

#18 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:06 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PaulaV
                  Oh and she added this too:

The pillow book is like a coffee table book. It's 5x5, hardcover with
                  a custom designed cover, dustjacket (with the same picture as the
                  cover), and a little black slipbox with your name on it (or a little
                  phrase.) The books are usually 20 - 30 pages long, depending on the
                  design. It takes 4-6 weeks to publish the book, so all in all, about 8
                  weeks after you give me your selections. A disc of images is not
                  included with the session, but can be purchased for $400.

I don't know if it is too much or not. She is an excellent photographer from what I see in on her website.
                  That sounds almost exactly like the BD album that just arrived today of mine!! It looks great and I can see why it's called a pillow book instead of a coffee table book, b/c yo wouldn't want it on the coffee table anyway. lol

I evidently got a KICk-A$$ fabulous deal on mine!

It was my photogs 1st BD session, so the shoot was also able to help her build her BD portfolio. I paid $165 for the session and book (20 pages). I think I actually only paid for the book now that I see all of these higher prices (I need to send her a HUGE thank you!) And our shoot was like 4-hours, so I am so grateful that I found her! WOW!!!

P.S. I didn't get a CD with the images or any prints, though, aside from the BD album, but I can order some from Pictage, which I am going to do.

#19 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:25 PM

Anyone in Dallas gotten BD photos done yet??

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#20 jen rau

jen rau
                    • 15 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:48 PM

photographer's prices are so subjective. i think when it comes to photography, especially something super intimate like boudoir, you have to find someone whose work and personality you connect with #1! price has to be secondary.
                      try to find someone who specializes in boudoir. when you are wearing next to nothing, its critical that you are posed in a flattering way. the more experience someone has the better. bad body positioning can make a skinny girl have rolls you know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users