unsure of my dress!!!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 SonyaR

• 299 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:59 AM

That dress is beautiful and looks great on you. My dress looked nothing like that on me until I had to go for fittings so I'd say keep the dress. I actually like the flower but also think your idea of removing it and adding abelt would look good as well. Either way the dress and the dress on you is amazing.

#12 NEMMERZ

• 195 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by LisaandJeff 

This looks great on you! I think that this dress absolutely accentuates your waist. I don't think I would add a belt just because the dress is so well-designed. It has that beautiful asymmetrical line in the skirt, and I think a belt would compete with it instead of accentuate it... Just my opinion! Regardless, I love it on you and think you look stunning!! Congrats on finding "the" dress!!

I agree lisa , i thimk the dress is already awesome........i think your waist looks good.....i dont like the belt idea.......u look gorgeous in it,,,,,i fits perfect...keep it

#13 JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:09 AM

I don't think you have anything to be worried about! The dress is beautiful & looks amazing on you!! I also love the flower at the top. I think you made an excellent choice & should KEEP it!!!!

#14 BeachBridein11

• 610 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:28 AM

I think you made the right choice! That dress was actually in my top 3 when I was deciding on a dress!! Perfect for a DW!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#15 mmcst38

• 237 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:44 PM

Dress is beautiful, fits great and looks great on you, skip the belt, its perfect for a DW without one, maybe add the belt if you are going to have AHR, I just think bling on dresses isn't beachy but that is strictly an opinion, congrats!

May 13, 2011
            Riu Resort
            Ochos Rios Jamaica

#16 MVPHairMakeup

• 91 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:51 PM

I agree w/ mmcst38, you look great.  The dress was made w/out the belt to show off those delicate buttons.  A belt may take away from all the other detail.  Your waist TOTALLY shows:) 

#17 JBean

• 429 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

I tried this dress on and LOVED it! I ended up getting one very similar (see below)- the skirt is the same, just a bit different on top. So I am biased but I am in love with that dress!  

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
                Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
                Bride & Groom + 29

#18 82turtles

• 297 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

I think it looks great on you!!

I could see maybe getting rid of the flower, but not sure that a belt would look good given the style and angled ruching across the bodice. A straight horizontal line like that across your midsection might not give you the look you're going for and may contrast with the clean simplistic design of the dress.. But hey, it's worth tying one on to see if you like the look!

#19 proti007

• 467 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:03 PM

The dress is stunning, and looks fantastic on you! It's all in your head :) I loooooooove the ruffles :)

#20 Emily11386

• Site Supporter
                    • 244 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

I love that dress.  Beautiful and perfect for a destination wedding.

May 10, 2013 at The Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun
                      33 adults (including bride & groom) and 3 kids booked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users