Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
krsmith

Would you post on your website the cost?

Recommended Posts

We sent out 90 invitations, almost 200 people and only 20 people booked - and of those 20 people, they're all family except for 2 friends of my mother-in-law. We had the ticket prices on the invites, and even made separate ones for the invites going out to different major cities. It was $1815 from Thunder Bay to Varadero, $2325 from Vancouver, $1625 from Toronto, and $1745 from Winnipeg. We also posted it on our website.

 

We were actually really disappointed with the number of people we have coming, especially the fact that none of our friends are coming. We booked as early as possible - even knowing we could probably get some better deals if we hold off a bit longer to book, but we wanted to book early so we could let everyone know as early as possible. We booked JUNE 8, 2010 and the trip is March 21, 2011. That's nine months they all had to save up. And we had about 45 people say, "We'll definitely be there!" But now we're 2.5 weeks away and we haven't heard from those people.

But, that's me getting my Bridezilla nose out of joint.

 

When we were choosing resorts, one of the things our travel agent mentioned about the price (which might ease your fiancé's mind a bit) is this:

You could go with a less expensive resort, but when you go lower in price, you go lower in quality. If you go with a higher priced resort, yes, your guests may complain a bit, but the ones who really want to be there with you, will go. And when all is said and done and they were there, in paradise, having a blast, partying and soaking up the sun, witnessing your special day, etc etc., it's the FUN they'll remember, not the price.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We posted the price on our website.  My FI did this without me knowing and at first I was alittle mad because I thought it was tacky....but then I thought about the pros.  It gives everyone a good idea of what they're in for financially and what they need to save. 

Also, at first the thought of not having everyone there that I want there upset me, however, those that are going to be there will have the time of their lives.  I'm also a strong believer that everyone that really wants to be there will make it happen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We posted our prices on our website, and had to change them when the prices went down.  But I think it is important to be honest with your guests so they don't get sticker shock if they really want to go and call and get the prices and decide you must be crazy when they hear the total :)

 

I made it very clear what they get for their money.  On my 3 page boarding pass STD I didn't list the cost, but I listed the things from the MP that I loved and sold me on it, and I gave everyone the link to my wedding site that had the pricing on it because I figure they can get sticker shock but still see they don't have to worry about paying for the hotel, food, alcohol etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I didn't even consider NOT posting it. Most of our closer family and friends knew what we were planning so they were constantly asking us, "where?" "when?" and "how much". So naturally, as soon as I knew, I posted it all.

 

And besides, if you don't post it, you're just going to be bombarded with questions from everybody and their dog... if it's posted, you can just direct them to your website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tried to REEEEEEEALLY stress all of the perks that were coming with an all-inclusive (especially Palace Resorts who offers Vacation Dollars).  My guests would literally not need to bring any other money with them except for what they wanted to buy for souvenirs since the Vaca $$ can be used for tours, spa treatments, golf, etc.  It's a total upfront cost.

 

Here's my site, feel free to pull from it, as I have pulled from others!  Any feedback is totallyyyyy appreciated!

 

www.weddingwire.com/kristynandjohn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would highly reccommend waiting it out and getting quotes with airfare included. I believe it will be cheaper for everyone if you do. Also, you are getting married at peak season!!!! That is why the prices are higher. Let your guests know why the price is higher and also try and convince them that this is the perfect time to go and get a little sunshine!! Remind everyone that this isnt just your wedding, this is an opportunity to go on a trip with a great group of people to go down south and have a blast! I am getting married January 2012 and have been plannig it since August 2010!!! I know it is hard to wait for prices but it is probably a good idea! You still have time! As for putting the price on your website, I would reccomend it. Then people are prepared and can save money to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My father-in-law broke it down the best for our guests.  His opinion:  flight to somewhere nice would usually cost around $800 anyways.  So really for about $130 a day, you are staying in a beautiful room (which someone cleans for you every day) at a 5-star resort right on the beach, eating as much great food as you want, and drinking all you want and enjoying free entertainment each day.  Not too bad when you look at it that way!

 

Originally Posted by HazelsMelody View Post

We sent out 90 invitations, almost 200 people and only 20 people booked - and of those 20 people, they're all family except for 2 friends of my mother-in-law. We had the ticket prices on the invites, and even made separate ones for the invites going out to different major cities. It was $1815 from Thunder Bay to Varadero, $2325 from Vancouver, $1625 from Toronto, and $1745 from Winnipeg. We also posted it on our website.

 

We were actually really disappointed with the number of people we have coming, especially the fact that none of our friends are coming. We booked as early as possible - even knowing we could probably get some better deals if we hold off a bit longer to book, but we wanted to book early so we could let everyone know as early as possible. We booked JUNE 8, 2010 and the trip is March 21, 2011. That's nine months they all had to save up. And we had about 45 people say, "We'll definitely be there!" But now we're 2.5 weeks away and we haven't heard from those people.

But, that's me getting my Bridezilla nose out of joint.

 

When we were choosing resorts, one of the things our travel agent mentioned about the price (which might ease your fiancé's mind a bit) is this:

You could go with a less expensive resort, but when you go lower in price, you go lower in quality. If you go with a higher priced resort, yes, your guests may complain a bit, but the ones who really want to be there with you, will go. And when all is said and done and they were there, in paradise, having a blast, partying and soaking up the sun, witnessing your special day, etc etc., it's the FUN they'll remember, not the price.
 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's exactly what we tried to do too. Plus, you get to come see us get married. ;o)
 

Originally Posted by cookiemunchkin View Post

My father-in-law broke it down the best for our guests.  His opinion:  flight to somewhere nice would usually cost around $800 anyways.  So really for about $130 a day, you are staying in a beautiful room (which someone cleans for you every day) at a 5-star resort right on the beach, eating as much great food as you want, and drinking all you want and enjoying free entertainment each day.  Not too bad when you look at it that way!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Avens! I realize you posted this quite a while ago, but I'm also looking at the Barcelo Maya for next Feb/Mar 2012.  I see that your prices are $1600 + taxes from Winnipeg for the Palace.  Was there a significant drop if the guests decided to book at the Colonial or Tropical?  I'll be having guests coming from Vancouver and Toronto so I'm curious to see if there's a big difference.  Thanks so much!
 

Originally Posted by Avens View Post

Is the cost of a flight on top of this? If that another 500 or 600 dollars I could see people complaining - otherwise its about on par with a nice resort.

 

Our package is $1600 plus tax including the flight for Barcelo Maya Palace in the Mayan Riviera from Winnipeg, Canada. I think if you give them a year to save, it's doable. The fact that it is a really nice place makes it worth the extra I think!

 

 

 

Have you tried getting quotes for other places to show him that isn't a crazy amount? Good Luck!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hey! As luck would have it, I was purusing the forums and saw this :)

 

I searched back to our original quote, the Tropical was quoted as $1410.00 + 283 taxes. Im not sure what it would be now, but about a 200 difference.

 

Cheers!

 

Originally Posted by TropicLover View Post

Hi Avens! I realize you posted this quite a while ago, but I'm also looking at the Barcelo Maya for next Feb/Mar 2012.  I see that your prices are $1600 + taxes from Winnipeg for the Palace.  Was there a significant drop if the guests decided to book at the Colonial or Tropical?  I'll be having guests coming from Vancouver and Toronto so I'm curious to see if there's a big difference.  Thanks so much!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
  • Topics

×