Photo

La Barcaza Wedding Reception?

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#41 heavenone

heavenone
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

Originally they told me they would bus us over but when we met with Flori the day before the event she said they'd pick us up on the beach.  I'm not sure whether that was a possibility just because of the resort or whether it's something they can do elsewhere. The boat anchored off shore and they sent a smaller boat to the beach that fit around 15 people to shore to pick us up.

Originally Posted by sunny55143 

The boat can come pick you up at your resort??  That would be awesome - our resort actually has a pier on the beach.  So you didn't use the bus service, heavenone?

#42 msmapleleaf

msmapleleaf
    • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Anybody have suggestions for decorations?  Has anyone used the decorations from the boat?  What did you think of them?  Flori sent me some pictures, but none of them were quite was I was hoping for... Any idea how much they can customize?

#43 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
      • 438 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

what is the timeline for a wedding receptions?  when do they take you to the swimming hole and when is dinner served?  When is the dance floor cleared? 

Trying to plan to see if we need extra time

#44 Parrish

Parrish
        • 53 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

Hello,

We are looking into doing our reception on the boat! However, I have had a hard time getting a response from anyone as far as what dates are available. Does anyone mind sharing what contact information they used? Also would love to hear any reviews of those of you that have done this, it looks super cool. 

Thanks! 

#45 sdj327

sdj327
          • 171 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Parrish 

Hello,

We are looking into doing our reception on the boat! However, I have had a hard time getting a response from anyone as far as what dates are available. Does anyone mind sharing what contact information they used? Also would love to hear any reviews of those of you that have done this, it looks super cool. 

Thanks! 

weddingboatpuntacana@hotmail.com

flori is usually pretty responsive. maybe she's out of town? 

#46 Jamielynn55

Jamielynn55
            • 183 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

yeah i put my deposit in today for the boat!!! what a HASSLE it took me 2 hours at the bank to make a wire transfer from canada to domician. totally sketch how they dont have numbers in there address or zip codes or postal codes lol how do they distungish

#47 sdj327

sdj327
              • 171 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

oh no! i did mine online and it only took a few mins. I thought I read somewhere on a facebook thread that Flori is no longer there. I hope that doesn't mean the quality will go down

#48 sdj327

sdj327
                • 171 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

it also takes about a week to get there/pick up

#49 Jamielynn55

Jamielynn55
                  • 183 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

oh no! i did mine online and it only took a few mins. I thought I read somewhere on a facebook thread that Flori is no longer there. I hope that doesn't mean the quality will go down

How did you do it online? Was there a fee? Florive is gone but a new women named Daniella has taken over she seems nice and actually has a bit better English.

#50 sdj327

sdj327
                    • 171 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jamielynn55 

How did you do it online? Was there a fee? Florive is gone but a new women named Daniella has taken over she seems nice and actually has a bit better English.

online thru westernunion.com 

It was pretty easy and only charged a small fee. I haven't had any contact with them since Flori is gone but I am going to email them today to touch base. Are you planning on bringing any extra decor with you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users