La Barcaza Wedding Reception?

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#21 Danz

• 53 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:12 PM

We are paying $60 per person for the Chicken/Beef grill option. It also includes "National" open bar, which looks like pop, water, rum, and beer.

Originally Posted by Katusha 

Hello ladies! Can anyone tell me their current pricing per person please. I know it all depends on the food choice, but I'd like to know approximately. Our wedding is booked at NOW Larimar, but we're considering La Barcaza for the rehearsal dinner or after the wedding party.

Thank you.  

#22 britb618

• Site Supporter
    • 111 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:03 AM

I'm taking my guets on a day cruise with La Barcaza and going snorkeling, its costs us 50 pp for snorkeling and open bar for three hours. :)

#23 hatfiehm

• 270 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:58 AM

Hi ladies,

You will find all of the pricing listed on the website:http://weddingboatpu...puntacana-5.htm

The boat holds 100 people.  You need a minimum of 20 people to reserve it for a private reception.

I was also told by Flori that we could bring other alcohol with us.  I will probably buy some bottles at duty free (vodka) and get some wine in DR.

I wouldn't bring candles, as they will blow out, but I am thinking of bringing some battery operated tealights and just placing the bouquets on the table.  I also found these foldable bouqet vases that I might order and then weight them down with some sand?  I cant seem to find the link for them right now, but they are basically a base you can pop the bouquets into.  i am also considering paper lanterns to string up along the edge of the boat. But not sure about that yet.

We are getting married at 3pm at Paradisus Punta cana, and then our cruise is at 5:30pm.   I plan to book the extra hour, but I am leaving that until the day since I want to ensure all of my guests are enjoying themselves!

#24 sunny55143

• 84 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:05 PM

Hi ladies,

We are considering using La Barcaza for a day trip excursion the day before our wedding.  Can anyone who has used them tell me about what the 3 hour tour includes.  I keep reading about the "Natural pool" - are the guests supposed to get out and swim around, so we should advise people to wear their bathing suits and bring towels?  Or is it more just everyone enjoying a boat tour and eating & boozing?? :)

#25 britb618

• Site Supporter
          • 111 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:00 AM

Hi Sunny, I am doing the same thing as you but we had snorkeling on for 10pp extra which give you a little bit more time on the boat. But yet what I have heard is that you swim in the natural pool...when I've done things like this before people always bring a bathing suit :)

Hope that helps!

#26 redlake

• 10 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:18 PM

Just wondering if anyone has got married through La Barcaza on the beach. Flori e-mailed me and told me that the service is now performed on a beach in a national park and chairs are not allowed. I was wondering if anyone went with this option and if they have any photos of the set-up.

#27 MrsSCK

• 20 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:17 PM

How did you guys pay for the deposit and balance?  I have Bank of America and they charge a $45 wire fee to transfer money to an international bank.  Did you guys do this?

#28 britb618

• Site Supporter
                • 111 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:09 AM

Yes unfortunately it did cost that much.

#29 Lasallebabe

• Site Supporter
                  • 154 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

Yes, I also paid a fee for the wire transfer.

#30 Katusha

• 51 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:26 AM

Ladies! I'm booking La Barcaza  for our group next day after my wedding :) I'm so excited, since I only hear great things about it and this should be a nice treat for everyone. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users