Amy Michelson replica gowns

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 peterpanpixiedust

• 656 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:09 PM

I had Amy Michelson replica wedding gowns made for my TTD, but right after I found a dress very similar to mine at Filene's running of the brides event that fit me like a glove with no alterations.  So, since the custom made ones needed some altering, I figured I'd save the money and try to sell these.  They are very close to the original, which is why I chose Gianinar to make them.  The only thing that seems to be off is the fabric.  I am sure that the original is made of Silk Charmeuse, but Gianinar only had satins.  I had them make one gown with one type of satin (soft matte), and then they offered to make the second one with another sort of satin (shiny) for a little bit more $$.  Together, I paid about $200 for both.  I'd sell each for $90 or both for $180 plus shipping, or best offer.  These would make great TTD dresses!  Below are the descriptions.... Good Luck!

Diamond by Amy Michelson replicas made in two different fabrics, a Matte Satin and a Shiny Satin.  These are the measurements they were made to. 

Bust - 35.5 inches

Waist - 27.5 inches

Hips - 37.5 inches.

My normal street size is six, and I am between 5'9" and 5'10"

Both dresses seem bit big in the bust (more so in the Shiny Satin), and as I have a very small bust (between A and B cup) that might work out better for most women.  The waist was a little big in both dresses (my waist is also kind of small for my hips, so again, this might be a benefit to more proportional women).  The hips were snug in the Matte Satin dress and perfect in the Shiny Satin dress.  I believe the Shiny Satin dress had a bit more give.  I had the neckline lowered a bit in the Matte Satin dress, but not in the Shiny Satin dress.  Both dresses have buttons down the back all the way through the train and have bustles.  I will put pictures of the actual dress, the Matte, and the Shiny Dress.  I only tried on the Matte Satin for pictures because I was running out of time when I took them.  Since the are pretty much the same dress, I decided to just put up the pics that Gianinar sent me of the Shiny Satin. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users