Photo

Weight Loss/Fitness Support for 2012 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
414 replies to this topic

#171 Sharon99

Sharon99
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:15 PM

Glad I came across this thread! I have been slacking for about 2 weeks now & need to get back into working out, eating better and less boozing!

I have done the Jillian 30 day Shred, P90x & Insanity. Now I am just running & doing a Brazilian Butt Lift workout here & there. I am looking to mix things up a little. Has anyone ever done Turbo Fire? I was debating on starting that but wasn't sure if it was too much dancing & less working out. 

Mexicobride422 - I am in your boat. I have the same body type & my sister is a twig!! She is even thinner now then before she had a child!!! I want to punch her sometimes! lol!

I want to lose 10 pounds but will settle for 5-7. Its just so hard since it's not much...

I will be checking this thread for motivation that's for sure! The year countdown has begun!

#172 Cdunn514

Cdunn514
    • 186 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

So I have been really slacking when it comes to working out. I am doing good on eating right but I started doing 30 day shred again yesterday. I was originally doing it and only got to about 4 days into level 2. This time I am determined to do it for all 30 days. My motivation right now is that I am a speaker in a wedding on July 3rd and if I am going to have to stand up in front of everyone I would like to feel like I look good. So as long as I stay on it I should finish it and feel better about my self. Here's to hoping I can keep motivated the whole time!

But on the plus side I am down 13lbs just from changing my eating habits!

#173 steph2011

steph2011
      • 82 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:10 PM

I recommend any Jillian Michaels workout video.  I have "No More Trouble Zones" and "Banish Fat Boost Metabolism."  I like her videos and find them to work really well.  I also like that she's not one of those peppy, cheesy workout hosts.  It helps me to stay motivated.

Good luck everyone.  I hope you all reach your goals!

#174 mexicobride422

mexicobride422
        • 158 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:14 PM

Sharon:)

i was coming on here to write about feeling guilty about eating a piece of apple pie after dinner:(

but your post made me laugh.. guilt gone:) LOLOL..

but tomorrow I promise to be extra good.....

#175 MOB1021

MOB1021
          • 10 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

WOW MerryLee!!

85lbs!!! That is amazing! go you! Do you like biking or workout classes?

HI All,

April 2012 bride here, and I've been making my lifestyle change for 2 years now, I've dropped like 85 lbs, but still want and need to lose more.  My problem is the working out.  I HATE it, I need to find a fun way to do it plus being a Wisconsin bride, there is no easy way to motivate the outdoor walk when it is 20 degrees outside and the wind just blows right through you.  I have done WW in the past, but I have realized that I can only hold myself accountable and I have to forgive myself if I don't stick to the rules.  This is the only reason I have been successful so far is that I allow myself to indulge because the minute i feel like I fail, I keep feeling that way and the power of positive thinking is what I need to be successful.  GL to us all, and here's to rockin' our weddings in 2012.

#176 Sharon99

Sharon99
            • 1,301 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:28 AM

LOL! No more guilt! Hope you worked extra hard today.

I am guilty of having a few beers last night at a ball game. So today I did an extra half hour on the elliptical. I left my E-ring on & it gave me some motivation to keep moving every time I looked at it(which is often). 

Cdunn514 - 13lbs is awesome! Just think how much more after you complete this round of the shred!

Originally Posted by mexicobride422 

Sharon:)

i was coming on here to write about feeling guilty about eating a piece of apple pie after dinner:(

but your post made me laugh.. guilt gone:) LOLOL..

but tomorrow I promise to be extra good.....

#177 mexicobride422

mexicobride422
              • 158 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:45 AM

LOL.. If all you had is a couple of beers than bravo for having willpower.. Every time we go to a ball game here I have to have a hot dog.. fries.. and ice cream served in the little souvenir baseball cap..

Today has been a good day.. so far.. I have planned my meals for the day and I am going to stick to it! That seems to work for me knowing ahead of time what I'm going to eat..

As for exercise... I walked for about 30min.. So that's something, right? Can't wait for beach weather so I can start swimming!!

Great job on the elliptical today:) You must be feeling great after that workout.. Keep it up girlie!!

#178 IslandBride201x

IslandBride201x
                • 237 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

Hi Everyone!  Just found this thread, it is awesome!  Exactly what I need to stay focused.  I'm a July 2012 bride determined to drop the pounds.  I joined WW many years ago and lost close to 70lbs., but of course have put it all back on.  Now I am on a mission to drop it for good.  2 weeks in and I am down 8.5lbs.  Looking forward to getting to know 'less' of everyone...

Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
                  Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
                  Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#179 Sharon99

Sharon99
                  • 1,301 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:51 AM

The holiday weekend is here ladies...lets remember BIKINIS!! Not to over-eat & get our workouts in!!

Islandbride201x - 2 weeks 8.5lbs is great!!! 

#180 mexicobride422

mexicobride422
                    • 158 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:19 PM

AHHH memorial day weekend!!

I'm going to be in a bathing suit for the first time this year...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users