Photo

Is your dress going to be (or is) ivory or white?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#51 dragonfly

dragonfly
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:04 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by saraece
    I am going to wear orange or even (gasp....) red. I look better in colours and no women in my family (sister, mom, grandma..) wore white so I figured it's not my family's tradition so I might as well wear a colour I look good in. lol
    oohh I can't wait to see your dress, my mom wore bright pink when she got married. It was shocking 40 years ago in a catholic church, my dads mom almost passed out from shock. Is your dress going to be very wedding dress like or are you doing something less traditional. Post some pics of your ideas!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by foxytv
    Mine is ivory w/ champagne trim. White didn't look good on me at all -- plus the champagne trim is going to be awesome with a tan!!!
    Tami your dress is beautiful, I can't wait to see you in it from top to bottom, Tom is going to be blown away.

#52 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:39 PM

Mine was actually offwhite on the bottom, and champagne on the top. It's really hard to tell in the pictures, but it was a really pretty effect:

Click the image to open in full size.

#53 Karen

Karen
      • 1,308 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:59 PM

Mine was ivory. It just looked softer on me. I tried on my dress in white and believe it or not, the white looked a little too hoochie mama on me. Plus I'm a pale girl so there you go.

<center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#54 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:03 PM

I don't have my dress, but will be ivory.

#55 SheaS

SheaS
          • 380 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:45 PM

Mine is ivory too.. For those of you who are doing ivory, are your fiances wearing white or ivory?.... and are the groomsmen wearing white or ivory?

I originally wanted their shirts to match my dress.... but am not sure the ivory shirts will look good next to tan pants. Any suggestions?

#56 Jackie

Jackie
            • 2,290 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:57 PM

I want Ivory but if white looks better I'll go with white.
              My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#57 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 02:06 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by sheaa
                Mine is ivory too.. For those of you who are doing ivory, are your fiances wearing white or ivory?.... and are the groomsmen wearing white or ivory?

I originally wanted their shirts to match my dress.... but am not sure the ivory shirts will look good next to tan pants. Any suggestions?
                I wore ivory, but Paul wore white ... i didn't think it looked bad, but that's my opinion!

#58 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:33 PM

Cain had an ivory shirt with tan pants.. I think it looked good as well.

#59 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
                  • 298 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 05:10 PM

I was going to do ivory and when I told my FH he wanted me to white. So white it is!

#60 SheaS

SheaS
                    • 380 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 05:46 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by TammyB
                      Cain had an ivory shirt with tan pants.. I think it looked good as well.
                      I think Cain's looks really good... I think my dress is probably the same color ivory as yours- I need to find a shirt that is that light ivory but cheap- I need 9 of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users