-1 reply to this topic

#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:24 PM

this was posted on my travel agent's forum. i thought it was helpful.

Attached Files

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
  • 486 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 02:37 PM

Does anyone know how early to get a passport?

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 24 September 2006 - 02:53 PM

start getting one NOW! i posted some info under the announcement section. There will be a huge crunch at the around the end of the year to spring with people that did not know they had to get passports.

there is no reason not to get it sooner and check it off your list.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 02:54 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by TOESNTHESND
      Does anyone know how early to get a passport?
      It usually takes a few weeks to get it, but I don't think it's ever too early. I know there are ways to get it fast if you have to, but I wouldn't save it until the last minute.
      I travelled to mexico last week using my birth certificate and driver's licence. I'd done it a couple times before- no big deal. Well, it turns into a HUGE deal when you lose your birth certificate in the airport!!! Talk about a nightmare! It's like 4:30am and our flight leaves at 6 and we don't have time to get home and back. Thankfully they told me I could travel using my voter registration card that by some miricle I happened to have in my wallet. However, when I got to Mexico, they weren't going to let me in. I had to convinve the guy that they let me on the plane in Detroit with the voter card and he made a big deal about it and asked me why I didn't have a passport yet, and chewed me up and down for traveling without my birth certificate, much less a passport.
      Anyway- the long and short of it is, I'll now be getting my passport ASAP!

#5 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
      • 486 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 04:07 PM

That is good to know. I just went on the Postal service website and downloaded the forms.

#6 dotsnotfeathers

dotsnotfeathers
        • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

The site won't let me download this, would you mind forwarding it to my email address?  pssjwed@gmail.com?

#7 Shara1984

Shara1984
          • 345 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

I need to start working on this!

#8 Brinley

Brinley
            • 169 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:50 AM

Can't wait to be able to read this.  Sounds like it will be very useful.

#9 BrideToBeJolie

BrideToBeJolie
              • 161 posts
              • Wedding Date:February 7, 2015
              • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Cancun

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:18 PM

I'll be back once I hit 150!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users