AHR "Ceremony"??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 samfina

• 16 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

Hi everyone!  We are having an AHR about a month after the wedding for everyone who can't make it out to Mexico.  It's going to be pretty formal, a sit down dinner at a nice hall.  My dad is quite upset that my grandparents (his parents) won't be coming to the wedding in Mexico, so he has asked me to do some sort of a short ceremony at the AHR.  Has anyone ever done this or seen it done??  I'm picturing something of 5-10 minutes maybe?  My fiance does not want to do it at all, but I think it would be very meaningful for my grandparents.  Help!

#2 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:02 PM

That's tough.  I personally would not want to do it over again which is why we are just showing the video of our ceremony at our AHR.  If I were you and you're just doing this for your grandparents are you getting legally married before you go?  If so I would take them with you, otherwise I guess you could do a simple ceremony back home before the actual reception starts with just your parents and grandparents?

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#3 samfina

• 16 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:03 AM

We are getting legally married in Vallarta, so we're not doing anything here before we leave.  That's a good idea, to do something small with just them before the reception starts.  Thanks!  It's not something I particularly want to do- just trying to do something to keep the family happy..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users