Photo

How did you ask your bridesmaids to be in your wedding?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Maritza919

Maritza919
  • 421 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:47 PM

Just wanted to know if anyone had any cute ideas on asking your bridesmaids to be in your wedding? I like the card and poem idea. I've also seen cookies too which were cute.  Wanted to know if anyone can help me with this idea.

Thanks!

#2 DanniS

DanniS
    • 145 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

On the day that two of my bridesmaids were coming with me to look at wedding gowns I had them meet me at my house.  When they walked in I had a bouquet of flowers and a card for each of them asking them to be in my wedding.  One of my other bridesmaids lives out of state so I had flowers delivered to her work asking her to be in my wedding.  Each card had a different poem or saying asking them to be in the wedding.  They seemed to like it. 

#3 wnmrtn8

wnmrtn8
      • 170 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:12 PM

I gave my bridesmaid each a piggy bank with a poem asking them to be my bridesmaid. The piggy banks I got them at Pear One imports and they used them to save money for their dress and for the trip.

#4 ryan190

ryan190
        • 20 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

I set aside some time with each girl involved and asked them to run a wedding errand with me.   While we were shopping, I would ask them personally.   I really wanted to be in a comfortable spot with each of them.

Originally Posted by Maritza919 

Just wanted to know if anyone had any cute ideas on asking your bridesmaids to be in your wedding? I like the card and poem idea. I've also seen cookies too which were cute.  Wanted to know if anyone can help me with this idea.

Thanks!

#5 schmizer

schmizer
          • 213 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:55 PM

I just took care of this yesterday.  I met up individually with each of my girls and gave them a bag with a card (made and personalized on Etsy), a luggage tag and airplane shaped Swiss chocolates.  Total surprise for all since they all thought I wasn't having a wedding party.

#6 Maritza919

Maritza919
            • 421 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:35 AM

Thanks Ladies!! I actually found some cute poems. I think I"m going to give everyone a card and a colorful passport holder since it is a destination wedding.  Still thinking but I have some time =)

#7 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
              • 718 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Maritza919 

Thanks Ladies!! I actually found some cute poems. I think I"m going to give everyone a card and a colorful passport holder since it is a destination wedding.  Still thinking but I have some time =)

Well that's great. I'm sure they will appreciate the poem. 

With me, I asked my bridesmaid personally. Two of my bridesmaids are my cousins while the other one is the niece of my husband.

#8 jennifersyble

jennifersyble
                • 166 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:17 PM

I just asked my bridesmaids individually and while it was just us because I didn't want them to feel pressured. They all seemed really excited and supportive. Good luck with the poems. 

#9 all the love

all the love
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 133 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:29 PM

I didn't even know there were cute ways to ask them! When I asked my FI's sister, we had been talking about different styles of wedding dresses, and I asked her what she thought she would wear to the wedding. She replied something about some sort of sundress, and I said "We'd really like it if you would wear a bridesmaid dress".

#10 AmyG

AmyG
                    • 189 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:40 PM

I asked my three sisters to be my bridesmaids the morning I went dress shopping by giving them each a Barbie that I personalized.  Each 'Bridesmaid Barbie' looked exactly like each of my sisters.  They absolutely loved them!!  SDC18313.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users