Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas 2011 Wedding

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#131 miwakostory

miwakostory
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by mmisa 

Hi everyone, Im planning to have my wedding at the RIU Palace (August 2013) and I was looking into requesting a wedding date already, but wasn't sure if you have to make a deposit asap?

Also is the Palace a kid friendly resort as well as the RIU Santa Fe?

BTW thanks to all the threads this really helps  A LOT! trying to plan a destination wedding can be a lil stressfull but I know it will be all worth it in the end =)

Marites

As I mentioned above, the Palace is kid friendly. They have two pools, one is the activity pool. At this pool, they play games and have contest all day long on a daily basis.  They also have Riuland which is a day camp for kids. I spent time at both resorts and found that Santa Fe has more of a 20 - 30 year old crowd and their pool (by the beach) was more lively. However, they played the same games at both resorts.

You do not pay for anything until you arrive.

#132 miwakostory

miwakostory
    • 59 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jess4219 

I am getting married August 2nd at the Rio Palace Cabo San Lucas!!!

Do you brides plan on taking your own decor, favors or welcome baskets, gifts for your guest??

I took my own everything!!!  The WC did an excellent job meeting all of my requests and needs.

#133 mmisa

mmisa
      • 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

thanks so much for your input! =)

#134 mmisa

mmisa
        • 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by miwakostory 

As I mentioned above, the Palace is kid friendly. They have two pools, one is the activity pool. At this pool, they play games and have contest all day long on a daily basis.  They also have Riuland which is a day camp for kids. I spent time at both resorts and found that Santa Fe has more of a 20 - 30 year old crowd and their pool (by the beach) was more lively. However, they played the same games at both resorts.

Originally Posted by miwakostory 

Thank you for your input! Do 80% of the guest have to stay at the Palace or can some stay the Santa Fe resort? Im sure your wedding went very well and beautiful =)

#135 miwakostory

miwakostory
          • 59 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

They say that 80% of your guests have to stay at the Palace. I only had 8 out of 42 stay at Santa Fe. However, the Palace sold out so I am not sure what would happen if the Palace had sold out prior to most of my guests booking their rooms.

#136 vkmiller

vkmiller
            • 20 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

That is the tough part- the palace is more expensive and may be more difficult for some guests to afford.  But, the price is not that much different in comparison and then your guests would be able to hang out with you and everyone else on the rest of the vacation!  

Valerie

#137 iliketea

iliketea
              • 27 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Getting married on November 22nd!! woho!

Just wondering if anyone has had their reception at Don Julio Terrace? What does it look like? Is it near a pool or beach at all?

#138 MsJolie

MsJolie
                • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

You don't pay anything to reserve your date.  You pay when you're there... or at least that is what they told me when we booked our date. 

#139 lilyofthevalley

lilyofthevalley
                  • 25 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

HELLO! Just joined and I'm so excited to read through all the pages of reviews on the RIU Palace Cabo.  I am trying to book 4/4/14 for our wedding date but all I got was an e-mail.  weddings@riu.com.  Is there a toll-free number to call to reserve your date or how do you do it?  Thanks!

#140 MrsMoye

MrsMoye
                    • 152 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

You have to request the date thru the Riu website (riu.com). After you submit your information, they will send you a email confirming the date, time and location.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users