Photo

Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas 2011 Wedding

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#101 Michey

Michey
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

Ooppps, sorry take the www. Out of the link. So it's Gregtalarico.com/wedding

#102 kary

kary
    • 186 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

Just joking Michelle, I found your site!

Your pics are so great!  You looked gorgeous, and everyone looked like they had a fantastic time!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

I just wanted to know if your flowers (bouquets) were from the resort package?  They were really pretty and I loved how they matched your hair flower and cake too :)

CONGRATS!!!!

~Kary

#103 Michey

Michey
      • 37 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:12 AM

No Kary, they were not from the resort. Only the 2 ceremony/gazebo flowers were from the resort

I had custom made "real touch" flowers.

Everyone thought they were real, even touching them.

It is so nice b/c they are much lighter and easier to hold (held the real bouquet the resort had made and they were heavy)

They obviously don't wilt in the heat

And you pick exactly what you want color and flower wise. 

I paid $300 for my bouquet, 2 bridemaids, cake flowers, groom bout, and hair flowers for me and our moms.

There were little diamonds in each flower and a starfish rhinestone applique. 

Got to bring them home with me too!!

There are different websites that do it but I got mine from 

plumeriasweddingflowerboutique.com

#104 kary

kary
        • 186 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:31 AM

Hi WedCabo!

I sent you the checksheet, along with some other info...Hope it helps!

Keep us updated on your planning :)

-Kary

#105 ehughes

ehughes
          • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:29 PM

Hi Ladies:

I am getting married at the RIU Palace Cabo San Lucas on December 10, 2011.  For those questioning being in communication with the WC.  They typically would not contact you until 2 months before the wedding, but being as I am a control freak, I was constantly asking question.  I am still finding things out to this day with 12 days till the wedding.

#106 lcbarnes

lcbarnes
            • 12 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

Hi ehughes! 

That's a relief to hear.  I know they won't be contacting me until 2 months before, but as I'd seen others have gotten a checklist and other info beforehand to keep them happy until the two month mark, I emailed the WCs, but haven't had any response. I'm not too worried, as I believe they know what they're doing, I am just a control freak and want to know EVERYTHING.

Any big pitfalls you can warn us about, with yours coming up so soon?

Leah

#107 Robynaurry

Robynaurry
              • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

Katie,

I hope your wedding went well at the Riu Palace. Can you by chance send me some information about the photography they have at the resort. I cannot find much information. Looking specifically for prices of the photography. How did you enjoy your experience?

Robyn

#108 Katieharv

Katieharv
                • 8 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:05 AM

Hi Robyn- congratulations!

What is your email? I can email you the price list they sent to me for photography and videography.

My wedding isn't until next April so I can't comment on them yet but the reviews I've seen from other ladies has been good:)

#109 kary

kary
                  • 186 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

Hey Crys! 

I hope you are still checking this site!  Can you tell me which DJ you went with?  We were going to do our own music, but now that the wedding is getting closer I don't want to worry about it.

Hope your having fun being the new Mrs!

As for my future brides, has anyone booked their DJ yet?  Is there one that the RIU uses?  I am wondering if we decide to use someone else that isn't contracted with the resort will require the $300 vendor fee?

#110 WedCabo33

WedCabo33
                    • 29 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

We are just using the RIU DJ. I am sure he is pretty good since he does all the weddings. You do have to pay outside vendor fee if you bring your own DJ. When is your wedding? Mine is March 3rd and I am getting so nervous!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users