Jump to content

Photo

Who is the Best Photographer in the Cancun/Riviera Maya Area? PLEASE HELP!


  • Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

#61 cherany

cherany
  • Jr. Member
  • 234 posts

    Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:28 PM

    Same here, we're planning at least half the wedding budget for photos, probably more.  I know some things like dresses and rings are what brides dream of, but I plan to do those things for far less than most & spend the savings on photography.

     

    I've literally spent all week stalking photographers' blogs and portfolios, and I agree Del Sol is as good as it gets, everything I was hoping for and more.  We're trying to work out a budget to make it a reality.

     

    Did you do a TTD session with them, noelles?  We are planning on that.



    #62 noelles

    noelles
    • Site Supporter
    • 68 posts

      Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

      OH SO DOING A TTD

       

      those are the pics I am the most excited about
       

      Originally Posted by cherany 

      Same here, we're planning at least half the wedding budget for photos, probably more.  I know some things like dresses and rings are what brides dream of, but I plan to do those things for far less than most & spend the savings on photography.

       

      I've literally spent all week stalking photographers' blogs and portfolios, and I agree Del Sol is as good as it gets, everything I was hoping for and more.  We're trying to work out a budget to make it a reality.

       

      Did you do a TTD session with them, noelles?  We are planning on that.



       


      February 1, 2012, 4pm Aventura Cove Palace

      21 booked and counting


      #63 cherany

      cherany
      • Jr. Member
      • 234 posts

        Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:46 PM

         

        Originally Posted by noelles 

        OH SO DOING A TTD

         

        those are the pics I am the most excited about
         



         


        Haha, same for my partner!  I think I'm equally excited about the ceremony pics & the TTD, but I know it's the TTD photos that will most blow everyone away once we're home and showing them off.  I'd venture to say a lot of friends and family members have never seen anything like that. 



        #64 bondgirl0072010

        bondgirl0072010
        • Member
        • 789 posts

          Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

          LOL...AND I just read this :) Well, I'm happy to solidify what you already know! :)
           

          Originally Posted by cherany 

          Same here, we're planning at least half the wedding budget for photos, probably more.  I know some things like dresses and rings are what brides dream of, but I plan to do those things for far less than most & spend the savings on photography.

           

          I've literally spent all week stalking photographers' blogs and portfolios, and I agree Del Sol is as good as it gets, everything I was hoping for and more.  We're trying to work out a budget to make it a reality.

           

          Did you do a TTD session with them, noelles?  We are planning on that.



           



          #65 lismather

          lismather
          • Newbie
          • 1 posts

            Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:04 AM

            Helloo everyone!!! Im looking for a wedding planner in Cancun area, can someone recommend a really good one???

            Thanks!!

            Lis



            #66 tdavis

            tdavis
            • Newbie
            • 33 posts

              Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:39 PM

              Thanks for all your responses and advice. I have been really stuggling with choosing a photographer. I was orginally going to pick Juan Navarro but a couple of his recent weddings gave me doubts. Now I'm looking at Ivan Luckie.

               

              Has anyone used Ivan Luckie or heard about his work? 

               

              Photography is extremely IMPORTANT to me. I see all these amazing and beautiful wedding pictures and all these great reviews. I just want those same experiences and amazing photos. I'm just so scared of making the wrong choice.

               

              Also, it's hard to choose a photographer when every single one of them ALL have great reviews. I haven't read a bad review yet. It makes it so difficult.

               

              Oh and the TTD photos are so amazing but I'm coming home and having a reception. Have you ever seen someone use another dress just so they can do TTD?



              #67 tdavis

              tdavis
              • Newbie
              • 33 posts

                Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:58 PM

                Hey there! I'm so glad to hear you got amazing wedding photos. Congrats! I have talked to David Pena but I have been debating on Ivan Luckie. This is such a hard decision. Do you have some more wedding photos that I can view? Thanks for you time.

                 

                Originally Posted by lookitstaylor 

                David Pena is a fantastic photographer.  He shot our wedding at the Gran Melia Cancun on April 1, 2011.  Our wedding was on a Friday and he had our pictures, cd, and album ready to take home on Saturday evening.  He didn't just do our photo shoot on the beach.  He took photos of us getting ready, my dress, flowers, and rings.  He took photos in my hotel room, balcony, in the elevator, lobby, staircase, all the way to and through our wedding ceremony.  He did the most gorgeous, artistic shoot of us on the beach.  The session was very at-ease, relaxed, no stress or pressure, which really added to the beauty and fun of our most special day.  He was more than worth what we payed.  People have commented that our pictures look like they should be magazine fashion spreads or covers.  He knows exactly how you need to move your body, hands, shoulders, etc. to get the perfect shots.  He uses beautiful angles and lines in the background.  His work is more than just photographs, it is true artwork.  I couldn't imagine getting more beautiful photos from anyone else.  taylor5x057.JPG



                 



                #68 Brenners

                Brenners
                • Member
                • 807 posts

                  Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

                  Ladies this is an AWESOME thread!  I have seen many new photographers that I had never heard of before now.  Many new choices!  I haven't had luck finding a photographer within our budget.  I appreciate new options!



                  #69 J-me

                  J-me
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 398 posts

                    Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

                    Choosing a photographer was one of THE hardest decisions so I can completely empathize! I must've poured over their web sites/blogs/galleries for HOURS :)

                     

                    For me, it was between Elizabeth Medina, Juan Navarro, Ivan Luckie, and Del Sol. Then we narrowed it to Ivan and Del Sol. THEN we finally decided to splurge (for the same reasons many others have said - it's all you'll have left years from now to look back on, long after the cake, dress, etc.) - & went with Juan Jose of Del Sol. But I was so torn and Ivan was so sweet and responsive to my email inquiries & had impressive photos, so I'm sure you'll be happy with whomever you choose!

                     

                    And I'm using another dress to do my TTD - either my mom's old wedding gown (altered to be more 'modern') or one of the $99 dresses from David's...

                     

                    Good luck - I know it's tough!

                     

                    Originally Posted by tdavis 

                    Thanks for all your responses and advice. I have been really stuggling with choosing a photographer. I was orginally going to pick Juan Navarro but a couple of his recent weddings gave me doubts. Now I'm looking at Ivan Luckie.

                     

                    Has anyone used Ivan Luckie or heard about his work? 

                     

                    Photography is extremely IMPORTANT to me. I see all these amazing and beautiful wedding pictures and all these great reviews. I just want those same experiences and amazing photos. I'm just so scared of making the wrong choice.

                     

                    Also, it's hard to choose a photographer when every single one of them ALL have great reviews. I haven't read a bad review yet. It makes it so difficult.

                     

                    Oh and the TTD photos are so amazing but I'm coming home and having a reception. Have you ever seen someone use another dress just so they can do TTD?



                     



                    #70 J-me

                    J-me
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 398 posts

                      Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:01 PM

                      After MUCH research, I booked Fernando today!! So happy to have him and to check one more thing off the list :)






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users