Photo

Who is the Best Photographer in the Cancun/Riviera Maya Area? PLEASE HELP!

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

#191 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

Great photos MrsHK!!! looks like you had a gorgeous wedding !!! looking forward to seeing more photos from your Wpg photographer too......(that's my original hometown :)

Wishing you a wonderful life journey ahead filled with every happiness you can wish for........Congrats!!!

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#192 MrsHK

MrsHK
    • Vendor
    • 317 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 22, 2013
    • Wedding Location:CabaƱas Tulum & The Beach Hotel | Tulum, Mexico
    • LocationFrom Vancouver, BC | Living in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Moments That Matter 

Great photos MrsHK!!! looks like you had a gorgeous wedding !!! looking forward to seeing more photos from your Wpg photographer too......(that's my original hometown :)

Wishing you a wonderful life journey ahead filled with every happiness you can wish for........Congrats!!!

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

Thanks Lynda! I should mention that the reason we had two sets of photographers is because Susana Hidalgo of My Adorable Bridal is a good friend of ours and was a wedding guest. We wanted her to be able to enjoy the day along with the rest of the guests and not have to work. She took some photos at our cocktail hour and during the reception but didn't have the pressure of covering the entire day from beginning to end for us. She took such beautiful photos, even though it was very casual and she wasn't really working!

That adorable baby I'm holding in the photo up there is her's! She was our precious little flower girl, and Susana walked her down the aisle since she's only 10 months old and isn't walking yet. :)

Are you interested in an affordable decor rental in the Mayan Riviera, Mexico? Send me a message! Most of the items I have are a rustic, vintage style.

And the Next Day, We Were Married: http://www.luckygirl...mikee-e-session
    Our Tulum Wedding - Parte Uno: http://www.luckygirl...iesta-parte-uno
    Our Tulum Wedding - Parte Dos: http://www.luckygirl...iesta-parte-dos

Tulum Wedding Video: http://loveandrum.co...o-katy-mikee-hk
    Anniversary! One Year Later: http://www.luckygirl...lladolid-mexico

#193 marilili

marilili
    • 200 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

We had Jaime Gonzalez and were very happy with the pictures! He was punctual and even willing to get up at 5am since it was overcast the day of the wedding and the pictures did not come out well.  Only regret I have is not hiring him for a longer period of time to get more of the shots I wanted to get.

#194 aholt1313

aholt1313
      • 12 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

We also had Jaime Glez Photography. Him and his wife were very personable and were fun to be around! All the guests at my wedding are still raving about how awesome they were. It almost seemed as if they were guests and not our photographers. He even broke out some awesome dance moves on the dance floor! It was like having a long lost friend at my wedding.

When I was researching photography I found Jaime, but was concerned because there were not many reviews on him. I decided to take a chance after looking at his portfolio (it was amazing).....THANK GOD I DID! It also helped that his pricing was WAY better than almost all of the other photographers!

My photos turned out awesome and he captured all the right moments. The best part of our package was our video slideshow....it was incredible and I could tell that it took time...He did not just randomly throw pictures to music. There was flow and re-captured the ambiance and mood of the night.

I hired Jaime for the full 8 hours. He EVEN did well beyond the 8 hours trying to capture all the wonderful moments. My husband and myself were amazed that Jaime would be so giving, that should tell you that he is not there trying to make a profit. He is there to make the bride and her entourage feel amazing and to capture all the moments of the day. I will also say that acouple days before the wedding (since I booked him into the hotel as per the hotels policy), he wanted a meet and greet and asked us about our story and how we came to this moment in our lives....He listened and took in everything that we were saying. He even offered to do a mini photo session that night (we didn't because time did not permit).

If you are a bride and are struggling with the decision of who to use for your wedding photography, I suggest that you use Jaime Glez Photography. He was kind, professional, thoughtful, and has a keen eye for capturing the moments (small or big) of the big day.

I have already thought about re-booking Jaime the next time we are in Mexico for anniversary photos... :)

Jaime was not just a photographer, but a friend! Any brides that would like more information please message me! I am happy to help as I know how stressful it is!

If you would like to check out Jaimes website and portfolio, you can find it at: www.jaimeglez.net

#195 Susannah

Susannah
        • 58 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

Here's a review of our wedding photographer :)

http://www.bestdesti...io/reviews/7617

#196 agale86

agale86
          • 28 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

I got married in Playa del Carmen in June. We hired Cecilia Dumas as our photographer and she was perfection! She was professional, quick, artistic, and super nice! She had our pictures edited and mailed within a week of our wedding as well!

Here is my more detailed review:

_DSC7508.jpg

#197 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
            • 3,074 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by MrsHK 

Hello fellow brides and congrats on your upcoming weddings! Our wedding was two weeks ago in Tulum. We were lucky enough to have two different sets photographers at our wedding! One was Luckygirl Photograph yfrom Winnipeg, Canada and we are still waiting to get our photos back from them.

Our other photographer was Susana Hidalgo of My Adorable Bridal. She is so sweet and very talented, as you can see by some of photos she took of us below! Her prices are very reasonable (up to $1500, depending on the package) and you will not be disappointed! Her style is very artistic and photojournalistic rather than posed stiff photos. She also does TTD sessions if you're interested in doing one. Here's her website where you can see more of her work: http://www.myadorablebridal.com/ and you can contact her through the website.

Feel free to PM me with any questions, and happy planning!

Wow MrsHK - your wedding looks amazing! and the photos really tell your story.....beautiful ! How special to have your Wpg friend capture part of your Big Day too! and her daughter is adorable :) I can only imagine how cute she was as your flower girl in her mama's arms ....very special :)

Wishing you every happiness in your future, and enjoy your Playa del Carmen living - Cheers!

team MTM :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                  100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#198 LBeachBride

LBeachBride
              • 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

For some reason Sascha Gluck's website isn't working properly and won't accept my message inquiry. Does he have an actual email address that I can send a message too?

Thanks!

Lauren

#199 mariposa6102

mariposa6102
                • 66 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LBeachBride 

For some reason Sascha Gluck's website isn't working properly and won't accept my message inquiry. Does he have an actual email address that I can send a message too?

Thanks!

Lauren

Hi Lauren,

Here's the info I have for him:

WWW.CancunPhotos.Net
                  sascha@cancunphotos.net

Good luck....hope you're able to reach Sascha with this info.

#200 Thankful

Thankful
                  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

Highly recommend Octavio Montes! Excellent price, great friendly personality. Took amazing photos of my husband and I.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users