Photo

Present for my teenage son!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sascolo

sascolo
  • 184 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:08 AM

I'd like to give my son something as part of the ceremony but am struggling with ideas. I want it to be meaningful nut not cheesy. He will just have turned 16. I don't want to do a coin or something but rather want it to be something he will keep and use. I was thinking a watch but I'm not even sure if he would wear it. Short of a car or new cell phone I am lost. Any ideas?

#2 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
    • Banned
    • 630 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:19 AM

I think a watch would be a good idea.  Because even if he doesn't appreciate the watch at the moment, you know he will make good use of it as he gets older.  It could be his special events/job interview watch.

#3 jeanny

jeanny
      • 13 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:40 PM

I agree with clgriffi7, a nice watch would be great.   Instead of a normal wristwatch, maybe you can get him a classic and stylish pocket watch. Something he can pull out and flip open.

#4 ChristieG

ChristieG
        • 37 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:42 PM

I think a watch is a great idea. He will be able to enjoy it in the years to come.

#5 sascolo

sascolo
          • 184 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:31 AM

So I mentioned to my ex-husband that I was going to buy him a watch and guess what.... he went and bought him a watch this past weekend.... Typical.  Hence why I divorced him.

Any other ideas? 

#6 acireta

acireta
            • Site Supporter
            • 750 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:25 AM

what. a. douche. seriously?! ugh.

did he get him a nice one or just a daily watch? because you could still do a nice watch for him if the one your ex bought isn't the greatest.

how long until your wedding? will the newness of the watch your ex bought have worn off by then?

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#7 sascolo

sascolo
              • 184 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:31 PM

It's not nice but it's "cool" and he really likes it.  We'll see if he is still wearing it in a couple of months...

#8 acireta

acireta
                • Site Supporter
                • 750 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

well, i'm glad the kid's happy, but still...

could you give him a card with a note telling him that you're giving him snorkeling, parasailing, or a fun experience during the trip? money towards a down-payment on a car? guitar lessons?

ooo, is he trendy? what about custom sneakers? i have some guy friends that drop big bucks on these crazy sneakers all the time and they are so obsessed LOL

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#9 ryan190

ryan190
                  • 20 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:24 PM

What a complete jerk!   I hope you told him "this is the reason why I divorced you!"   If not a watch, then how about a nice wallet or money clip?   You can get a nice silver money clip with his name emgraved on it.

#10 johnnmakenzie11

johnnmakenzie11
                    • 157 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:24 PM

a wallet is always good! and anthing engraved is always good for memories. My favorite engraved gift is an ipod!! if he doesnt have a good ipod that could be a great gift. Excursions while on vacation are always awesome too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users