Well, I know, that a destination wedding is not so eco friendly because of all the transportation involved. It's important for me to try to reduce the environmental cost of our wedding. Do you have ideas or tips? What did you do to help?
Here is my list of ideas:
- Using a website to communicate news and pre-wedding infos. (I did send passport invitations by mail though, it's a keepsake!)
- Not ordering magnets, door hangers, ect. for OOT bags even if they are free. I keep in mind that recycling facilities are often inexistant in many parts of the world and they will be trash after the wedding. Before ordering something, I ask myself if it's really a necessity of my guests. Most of the time, I am just lured by the word "free"! :-)
- I will not personnalize the outside of my OOT bag so my guests will use it after the wedding (it's a kind of high end reusable grocery tote in a plain unisex color). I can attach the monogram or a flower on the handles if needed.
- I will try to work with what the resort has so I do not have to bring my own sashes and decor.
- Instead of doing a sand ceremony, we will do a "tree ceremony" where we will plant a palm tree on the island.
- Reselling or giving stuff after the wedding
I am sure you have plenty of other ideas! Please share!