Jump to content

Photo

The Hard Rock Punta Cana


  • Please log in to reply
897 replies to this topic

#221 Reinita

Reinita
  • Jr. Member
  • 153 posts

    Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

    Vinarum and ginamapi,

     

    If you don't mind me asking, are you paying for Michael Steingard's travel and accommodations or just the photography?

     

    Thanks!



    #222 Feb2013Bride2be

    Feb2013Bride2be
    • Newbie
    • 6 posts

      Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:11 PM

      Hello everyone!

       

      I have a few travel questions.

       

      Who are you booking with for the best deals? The resort or a travel agent?

       

      Which airlines have to best deals for Punta Cana and the Hardrock resort?

       

      The HR is quoting me $255 per person for double occupancy. It seems a little high considering that most guests will stay 7 days, purchase a flight and airport transportation.

       

      Are you able to get better deals? 

       

      Thank you!!



      #223 vinarum

      vinarum
      • Newbie
      • 38 posts

        Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

        reinita - apparently he travels to dominican a lot so he covers for his travel and accommodations. however we will have to purchase him a day pass for the resort. feb2013bride2b- we paid 1723 for a 7 day week, not quite sure what the breakdown would be for hitel n flight. mind you we are flying from toronto on a thursday. we didba group booking with flight center.

        #224 Feb2013Bride2be

        Feb2013Bride2be
        • Newbie
        • 6 posts

          Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:18 AM

          Thank you Vinarum! 

           

          That is the amount per week that I am quoted. I have also heard that some people find deals that are $1500 with airfare from Vancouver,BC. They must be staying somewhere cheaper.

           

          I just love the HR, even though I have never been there. The hotel looks like fun!



          #225 Vane23

          Vane23
          • Newbie
          • 68 posts

            Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

            Are you getting this quote for the 1723 for a 7 day week, with the hotel directly or with a travel agent.

            The lowest my travel agent got the rates for were $178 per person/ per night for double occupancy.

             

            Thanks! :)
             

            Originally Posted by vinarum 

            reinita - apparently he travels to dominican a lot so he covers for his travel and accommodations. however we will have to purchase him a day pass for the resort.
            feb2013bride2b- we paid 1723 for a 7 day week, not quite sure what the breakdown would be for hitel n flight. mind you we are flying from toronto on a thursday. we didba group booking with flight center.


             



            #226 ntlsnow

            ntlsnow
            • Jr. Member
            • 204 posts

              Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:42 AM


              I wonder how quotes are being made with arifare, when airfare prices do not go out until 330 days the date you look. I am getting married in January 2013 and the airfare is not out yet. From what I have heard and what I have quoted from this year...Hard Rock will be at least $2000pp for 7 days. My travel agent said Hard Rock does not have their pricing out yet for next year either. The hotel may e-mail you pricies but they are not guaranteed. Am I being told the wrong thing? So confusing... :-(
               

              Originally Posted by Vane23 

              Are you getting this quote for the 1723 for a 7 day week, with the hotel directly or with a travel agent.

              The lowest my travel agent got the rates for were $178 per person/ per night for double occupancy.

               

              Thanks! :)
               



               



               



              #227 Vane23

              Vane23
              • Newbie
              • 68 posts

                Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

                I was wondering the same thing! I'm getting married on October 12,2012 and the direct flights to Punta Cana from NYC are still not available, so I have no quotes with airfare, just for the hotel.

                Right now when I search online the cheapest I see is $205 per person/ per night. My travel agent got it down to $178, which was cheaper than what the hotel was charging me. If I find a sale on line, she said she can try to get them to match it.

                I guess only time will tell :)


                 

                Originally Posted by ntlsnow 


                I wonder how quotes are being made with arifare, when airfare prices do not go out until 330 days the date you look. I am getting married in January 2013 and the airfare is not out yet. From what I have heard and what I have quoted from this year...Hard Rock will be at least $2000pp for 7 days. My travel agent said Hard Rock does not have their pricing out yet for next year either. The hotel may e-mail you pricies but they are not guaranteed. Am I being told the wrong thing? So confusing... :-(
                 



                 



                 



                #228 ntlsnow

                ntlsnow
                • Jr. Member
                • 204 posts

                  Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

                  Yes it does...thank you. :-)

                   

                  Originally Posted by sobol1978 

                  they should send you a contract and wedding guide.

                  all extra costs?

                  well - if you have civil ceremony that's $500, you have cost of translating all docs into Spanish in DR embassy.

                   

                  - you have to pick one of the wedding collections and that's extra unless you pick the free one.

                  - then depending on how many guests you have you might qualify for unlimited private functions or some (like cocktail hour only or reception only) - that's in the wedding guide. (private party - reception i believe is $50/ per person in free collection package or $300  per 8 people in other collections - that's my understanding) you need at lease 20 guests to have private reception and at lease 10 guests to have cocktail party.) the best thing would be to talk to WC and based on the number of people and all things you want (DJ etc) she can come up with the price.

                  - you have to pay for photographer / video

                   

                  and i'm sure everytime you want to change something that is included in the collection it will be extra.

                  hope this helps a little bit.  

                   



                   



                  #229 ntlsnow

                  ntlsnow
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 204 posts

                    Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:48 AM

                    I thought that $255 per person seemed high too. Especially when you are asking people to come to your wedding. I am waiting to hear from my TA to see what deals she may know. Still keeping other resorts in my options now.

                     

                    Originally Posted by Feb2013Bride2be 

                    Hello everyone!

                     

                    I have a few travel questions.

                     

                    Who are you booking with for the best deals? The resort or a travel agent?

                     

                    Which airlines have to best deals for Punta Cana and the Hardrock resort?

                     

                    The HR is quoting me $255 per person for double occupancy. It seems a little high considering that most guests will stay 7 days, purchase a flight and airport transportation.

                     

                    Are you able to get better deals? 

                     

                    Thank you!!



                     



                    #230 ginamapi

                    ginamapi
                    • Newbie
                    • 42 posts

                      Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

                      Hi! Vinarum! I did the $2500 (i thik either 25 ot 2600) and i get him the full day of the wedding and atrash the dress session and full rights to the CD... I am a photographer so I dont need the prints. Im going to do that myself.. Which one are you thinking of?

                       

                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users