The Hard Rock Punta Cana

Originally Posted by krinch27 View Post

Hi planning to have my 2013 wedding at the HR .. just wondering how far in advance everyone else books their wedding date? I don't want to end up booking to late or something? Also does anyone have any more info on how the group contract works?

Good Morning ~ I just sent you information in PM. Please let me know what questions I can answer. Thanks TA Patty

Hi girls, I just came back from my wedding at the Hard Rock. Overall I had a great experience there. The resort is beautiful and huge. The inside looks like Vegas and there are so many great restaurants. As soon as I get some pics that my family and friends took I will post them. I had my wedding last Friday at the beach in front of the Toro Steakhouse. Here are the free private events that I had for bringing 47 people with me:

Thursday- Welcome Party at the Eden Pool---this was absolutely gorgeous. I would definately recommend this spot.

Friday- Ceremony was supposed to be at the Ipanema beach but there was some construction I was told so they moved over to the beach in front of Toro Steakhouse which was very nice. This was a nice set up. I just had the complimentary Hard Rock package and honestly for the 20 minutes for the symbolic ceremony I didn't want to pay for any of the Colin packages. It still looked very nice.

Cocktail Hour and Reception was at the Toro Solarium. Half open half covered but I had Celebrations do the reception decorations. The sashes I had brought for the ceremony accidently got put on the reception chairs instead but worked out any way.

Sunday- Farewell Brunch - Element Terrace ---this was on the roof of the terrace but it was set up very nicely. There is no elevator to get up there just alot of steps so if there is some one in your family that is disabled I would not recommend this spot.

I was not very happy with the  inhouse photographer. She was bossy and honestly the pictures were nice but  cheesy. She also missed the first dances but that is half my fault because the private session ended before the reception started so we got to the cocktail hour early and she was not due to start till 6:30.  This also led to the bridal party going to the cocktail hour when we were all supposed to get introduced at the same time so we just ended up just having bride and groom get announced. I wish I had picked my first choice of HDC photo. :( Too late.

Also make sure you ask for a rehearsal. I did not get one and basically every one saw me pull up on the trolley before any one had been seated. I was basically telling the bridal party to have people sit. The coordinator was late getting there so I was just sitting on the trolley where every one could see me. Basically it took the "wow" factor of me walking up out of the equation.

If you have any questions let me know and I will be happy to help :)

Hi Far18, Be persistent and keep in contact with them. I am working with a bride and we have been trying to get the same information. We were given a contact email for an onsite WC but no luck there either. I contacted my business development manager for the resort and I'm waiting to hear back from her. I will post when I get information. Hang in there! 
Thanks Patty! I really appreciate it! I am super stressed out!

Really????!!! I was not aware of this. I guess it's not something they disclose. Did they tell you this? I was never told.....I guess I'll be contacting my planner. Do you know if you already have to have people booked under your contract, or just need to have a group contract established? I have one, but none of my guests have booked yet.

Hi Cattygeeh, I do know that the Hard Rock does offer a complimentary site visit for up to six nights once you have a group contract established with them.  You can have a group contract set up through their sales office or through a travel agent. Melissa
Really?!!! I was not aware of this. I guess it's not something they disclose. Did they tell you this? I was never told.....I guess I'll be contacting my planner. Do you know if you already have to have people booked under your contract, or just need to have a group contract established? I have one, but none of my guests have booked yet. ReplyQuote Multi

Hello! 

I am wondering if anyone knows of what I am getting ready to ask. It might be in the thread but the thread it really long and i am at work typing this. :) My family is already booked for a vacation at the HRH end of June 2013 going into July. My fiance and I were not to be married until 3/2014 but he too is coming on the trip with us and he does not want to wait and wants to take advantage of the trip and get married there! I was reluctant but am now on board. Here is my dilemma. I looked at the website for the weddings @ HRH and you have to be there 3 business days before the reception. We are arriving on a Saturday and leaving the following Saturday. If I wait 3 business days that means we will get married on a Thursday and leave two days after that. I don't really want to do that. I tried calling this morning but no one answered probably because it is too early. Did anyone get married at the HRH and did you have to wait the 3 business days? I can go for marrying on a Tuesday and still have Wed, Thurs, and Friday to enjoy with my husband. Just wondering if anyone knows about this?   :)

Hello!  I am wondering if anyone knows of what I am getting ready to ask. It might be in the thread but the thread it really long and i am at work typing this. :) My family is already booked for a vacation at the HRH end of June 2013 going into July. My fiance and I were not to be married until 3/2014 but he too is coming on the trip with us and he does not want to wait and wants to take advantage of the trip and get married there! I was reluctant but am now on board. Here is my dilemma. I looked at the website for the weddings @ HRH and you have to be there 3 business days before the reception. We are arriving on a Saturday and leaving the following Saturday. If I wait 3 business days that means we will get married on a Thursday and leave two days after that. I don't really want to do that. I tried calling this morning but no one answered probably because it is too early. Did anyone get married at the HRH and did you have to wait the 3 business days? I can go for marrying on a Tuesday and still have Wed, Thurs, and Friday to enjoy with my husband. Just wondering if anyone knows about this?   :)
Hi CSmith! Yes, unfortunately you do ha e to wait 3 business days but they might be nice enough to all it to happen on a Wednesday. Most resorts have this rule in place. Keep trying to call them or email the wedding coordinator. Go to the hard rock website and full out the form of when you are planning to wed and someone should get back to you. Just a heads up, communication via email will probably be slow!

I just spent a week at the hard rock and did my site visit. For the brides who haven't been there it is so beautiful! They weddings department on site is much better than the one in Miami but unfortunately you need to work with them. 2014 brides when are you getting married? Mine is march 8th 2014 if you have any questions I got a lot of info while I was down in DR feel free to PM me!

• 2 weeks later...