The Hard Rock Punta Cana

Vinarum, I called the wedding department at the hotel and explained that my wedding was in May but had not yet heard from my WC. They looked up my wedding info and gave me the name and contact info of the WC that had already been assigned to work on my wedding. It was very easy, I was transferred to her and we started talking right away about the wedding plans.

Originally Posted by vinarum View Post

lalaj - was wondering how did you manage to get in touch with the onsite wc?

LalaJ,

Are you going through the resort for decorations? Or are you going through someone else, or  bringing your own?

Originally Posted by LalaJ View Post

Vinarum, I called the wedding department at the hotel and explained that my wedding was in May but had not yet heard from my WC. They looked up my wedding info and gave me the name and contact info of the WC that had already been assigned to work on my wedding. It was very easy, I was transferred to her and we started talking right away about the wedding plans.

Hey Girl,

That is awsome that you are able to use the private unlimited functions it helps...the once question I ask is when did you sign your cotract because I want you to make sure they don't charge you for time over 3 hours, if you signed the old contract just make this apparent to your WC (in miami) that does your proposal that you have signed the old contract and don't have to pay the $60 per table over 3 hours. In terms of set up fees I told her that I wanted to put stuff on the chairs at the ceremony she told me that is not a good idea b/c they will fly away from the wind so she said to have someone stand at the beginning of the aisle hand them our before you guests sit down...that will save you money....in terms of set up for reception favors they will do for free however if you have menus, book signing, pictures, decor yes they will charge you. I got the diamond collection however you still have to pay for center pieces (they are sooo expensive) she sent me photos of my choice (if you need info I can email it to you). In terms of handling my account she has not told me that she is handing it over did she mean weddings to the end of Feb. 16? Lets keep in contact I find this helpful to back eachother up...

thank you

Originally Posted by Teenyclt View Post

r and k 2012

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner! I had a conference with Renee on Tuesday. We are having our ceremony at 2pm. We havent decided which beach location we would prefer yet. After speaking with Renee we decided to do our cockatil reception at 4pm followed by our reception from 5-8. Then our plan is to have all of our guests get comfortable if they choose to and head to a bar or the club. Our plan is to have every event outside but are waiting on a few more pictures to be sent before we decide which location we want for each. As of right now it looks like we have a little over 100 people with deposits down...we def were not planning on that many attending lol. So we do qualify for the unlimited functions. I have the same concern as you about the weather and it being windy or cold for outside events. I am not sure what to expect in terms of weather so I plan on researching that. I will def make sure to bring all documents to ensure they dont try to change the rules or throw extra charges in there anywhere so thanks for that info. We do plan on using the in house photographer. What is your plan for that? I was unaware that they charge for every chair over 30 with the complimentary package. I dont know if you have heard the same thing. Renee also told me that they charge to set up any decoration that you bring yourself. $200 to set up ceremony decor and $100 per table for reception decor and only staff is allowed to set up any decorations. I dont know if anyone has any info on this because I havent seen this info before. Are you going with a decoration package or do you plan on bringing things yourself? Also, Renee informed me that she is no longer handling our wedding because she will only handle weddings from the 16th to the end of the month for the Hard Rock. Were you told the same? Have you spoken to her since your conference? Thanks!

Hi Vane,

I plan to go through the resort. They currently use Creative Punta Cana and Caribbean Celebrations. I'll choose the company that best suits my needs. I also plan to bring some of my own decorations. My onsite WC just informed me that there is no set-up fee because they do not set-up anything for you! I would have to do it myself or have one of my guests do it for me. Don't know how I feel about that but it shouldn't be too bad since I'm not taking a lot of things. It will probably be some candles and the table linen for the reception. I may have to ask my bridesmaids to help me with this.

Originally Posted by Vane23 View Post

LalaJ,

Are you going through the resort for decorations? Or are you going through someone else, or  bringing your own?

Thanks to all the brides on here posting!  I came searching for answers and received a lot.  Getting married at the resort on 3/15/12 and having a lot of trouble getting info on reception locations and private event info (we contracted in June 2011 under diamond collection) which in turn is causing major issues with an itinerary (we have 50-60 people coming down 3/10-3/17). Hopefully having Catholic ceremony on Piano Gazebo at 4pm. They have grandfathered us in on the diamond collection contract with unlimited events, etc given group size.  Will be brining a copy down with me incase we run into issues onsite and I'd recommend everyone do same (old contract has no hour limitations).  We're using there photographer with before and after session as upgrades and have the DJ #4 package.  All other linens, etc were provided by diamond collection.  Can confirm that they won't do plated dinner outdoors, so we're going with the seafood/bbq buffet (have several non-meat eaters in our party, plus usually seafood very fresh on islands versus meat quality).

Anyone have good info on types of private events that you've seen or had at the resort?   Was it the onsite coordinator or the "conference call" sales rep that provided pictures and booking of locations for events?  We wanted to do a "booze cruise" type event for the group during the week and have not gotten any quotes despite repeated emails.

Thanks in advance for any help....will post pics and details of meeting with onsite WC once I get there....

Lana

LMcKenna2012 - I would have  anervous breakdown if I was you. My wedding is not till April and still don't have anything finalize but i have a little bit more time with you.

I called the resort and was going to complain about the issues I am having with Renee or should I say the whole damn department. Apparently, my wedding was given to someone else to handle. I will  be having a conference call with her today, so if anyone has any questions to ask her...let me know.

I'm still fighting to only pay the day pass for our photographer.

Van

Just heard back about the price for the upgraded fabric for the huppah. The shear fabric will cost $650. I'm thinking of just keeping the one that's offered with the package. Don't think the additional cost is worth it.

Originally Posted by LalaJ View Post

So I've been communicating with Jacqueline, my onsite WC, and I must say that I am very happy with her. She replies promptly and so far has answered all my questions. Regarding unlimited events, she mentioned that there is no limit to the length of time of the event. The only time limitations apply to outdoor events not being able to be past 11pm and indoor events past 12am. If you are having an indoor private function and wish to have it past 12am, you can do so at an additional charge.

The new photography company is definitely Smile Market.

The wedding collection I selected was the Sapphire, which includes a huppah covered with blue fabric. The fabric included in the collection is a solid color not the shear fabric that was shown on their website and power point presentations. The shear fabric is an upgrade so it appears that I'll be paying extra for this. Once Jacqueline lets me know the cost of this upgrade I will let you guys know.

Hello,

In terms of the booze cruise I know the Rock the Boat tour included in the $1500 slection compares to a booze cruise....right now I am trying to see if I can pre-book this tour before we arrive so that my guests do no have to wait and do this together....it is kind of hard to have 60 ppl. reserve one tour at the same time....tryo communication with your onsite or miami wc to find out about this..I have read this is lots of fun they have small snacks and booze, and music and you go to a small island....

Hope this helps

Originally Posted by LMcKenna2012 View Post

Thanks to all the brides on here posting!  I came searching for answers and received a lot.  Getting married at the resort on 3/15/12 and having a lot of trouble getting info on reception locations and private event info (we contracted in June 2011 under diamond collection) which in turn is causing major issues with an itinerary (we have 50-60 people coming down 3/10-3/17). Hopefully having Catholic ceremony on Piano Gazebo at 4pm. They have grandfathered us in on the diamond collection contract with unlimited events, etc given group size.  Will be brining a copy down with me incase we run into issues onsite and I'd recommend everyone do same (old contract has no hour limitations).  We're using there photographer with before and after session as upgrades and have the DJ #4 package.  All other linens, etc were provided by diamond collection.  Can confirm that they won't do plated dinner outdoors, so we're going with the seafood/bbq buffet (have several non-meat eaters in our party, plus usually seafood very fresh on islands versus meat quality).

Anyone have good info on types of private events that you've seen or had at the resort?   Was it the onsite coordinator or the "conference call" sales rep that provided pictures and booking of locations for events?  We wanted to do a "booze cruise" type event for the group during the week and have not gotten any quotes despite repeated emails.

Thanks in advance for any help....will post pics and details of meeting with onsite WC once I get there....

Lana

Thanks!  I'm close to nervous breakdown, but figure as long as I get a drink in everybody's hand by the pool it will all workout.  Plan on calling the resort with my own developed itinerary tomorrow.  Used a lot of info here to pick places and events.  At least it's heartening to hear that folks at the hotel can help planning onsite activities.

Best,
L