Macker
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

Thanks Avens!!!!

#72 Macker

Macker
    • 22 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

THANK YOU!!! That's what I needed to know, I emailed her approx. 3 weeks ago, but big deal, I will take everyones advice and wait patiently, even if it kills me LOL

Thanks again

Macker

#73 Macker

Macker
      • 22 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

opps I meant to say "no big deal", freudian slip!!! :)))

#74 Macker

Macker
        • 22 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

Wow!!!! That place is beautiful!!! Love it, oh now I am reconsidering Playa Azul..hmmm. Well there is not an extra cost for P.A perse, but there is an additional 66 US per person over the 15 max. Is there a cost at this place if you go over 15?????

thanks for your help

Mack daddy

#75 Avens

Avens
          • 576 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:17 AM

If you're talking about Playa Palmerus (where my picture was) there is still an additional cost over 15 people (that is the package, not related to the location).  I had meant an additional cost for lights at Playa Azul. 

A big reason I chose this, is that the back up location is one of the open air grills. It was threatening to rain on the wedding day all week.  So that made me feel better.

It was also a lot closer to the Palace (where everyone was staying) and I know most people can back to their rooms at some point during the night for a sweater. 

Playa Azul was gorgeous! We had our ceremony there, I know another girl (who got married the same day) was supposed to have her reception at Playa Azul, but opted for the open air grill beside it, because it gets a lot windier down there.  Our wedding day was the least windy night of the week, and she said it was still really windy there.

It was breezy where we were too, but I didn't find it overly windy or cool.

Originally Posted by Macker 

Wow!!!! That place is beautiful!!! Love it, oh now I am reconsidering Playa Azul..hmmm. Well there is not an extra cost for P.A perse, but there is an additional 66 US per person over the 15 max. Is there a cost at this place if you go over 15?????

thanks for your help

Mack daddy

#76 Macker

Macker
            • 22 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

Ahh I see, so the wind is an issue, hmm something for me to consider, is it really chilly enough to need a sweater????  And yup theres an extra cost for the lights at P.Azul,  it is 5 dollars US per string. The only thing is, I can't seem to get a response back from my WC about the amount of strings per tree. As in your pic, I believe you mentioned, (or maybe someone else did) that it was 5-6 dollars per lights, and about 1-12 trees/poles....Maybe it wasn't you, but someone replied back to me about it....So I assume it's probably the same price and amount of lights at P.Azul.

thanks for your advice!!!!

Macker

#77 Avens

Avens
              • 576 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

I was fine most of the night without one, my step mom was freezing all night and had a sweater and a shawl.  Guess it depends on the person!

Originally Posted by Macker 

Ahh I see, so the wind is an issue, hmm something for me to consider, is it really chilly enough to need a sweater????  And yup theres an extra cost for the lights at P.Azul,  it is 5 dollars US per string. The only thing is, I can't seem to get a response back from my WC about the amount of strings per tree. As in your pic, I believe you mentioned, (or maybe someone else did) that it was 5-6 dollars per lights, and about 1-12 trees/poles....Maybe it wasn't you, but someone replied back to me about it....So I assume it's probably the same price and amount of lights at P.Azul.

thanks for your advice!!!!

Macker

#78 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
                • 3,074 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:10 AM

I love the Barcelo Palace! One of my most popular and favorite places to shoot a wedding! You will love you wedding day at the Palace... almost as much as I do shooting it! :-)

Here is a link to my last weddings there:

Barcelo Palace Wedding 1: Barcelo 1.jpg

Barcelo 5.jpg

Barcelo 6.jpg

Barcelo 7.jpg

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                      100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#79 mrssemenuksoon

mrssemenuksoon
                  • 37 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

we had our reception at Coral Beach...in front of the Coral Grill...I think that was the name, correct me if I am wrong ladies, we just told Claudia that was the place we wanted and it was fine as ours was the only wedding that day. There was no extra for the lights as the palm trees are already wrapped with lights...I think the $5 charge is for the locations that they have to decorate more...I highly reccommend the location in front of the Coral Grill as it was perfect!

#80 mrsbrownie12

mrsbrownie12
                    • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

Hey guys! I am new to this forum but was hoping I could get a lot of god information about weddings at the Barcelo Maya Palace. We are getting married on December 12, 2012!! I know it is super early, but I am already trying to plan some stuff, and it seems my coordinator is in no hurry. It takes about 2 weeks for me to get a 1 sentence response. Did anyone else have this problem? My coordinator is Xhail.

Thanks girls :)

BB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users