September 2011 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#201 kabee55

kabee55
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:47 PM

hi Hdinsmor

I did just that myself. We got married at the courthouse last week. So that way all our papers are here in Canada, when we need a copy we can get it in a couple of days instead of weeks from the caribbean. And I wore my wedding dress at the courthouse. I even saw some couples with flower girls, stretched limo and the whole shabang. Afterwards we had a coktail hour at our house. We kept it secret and simple (we were a total of 20 people).

Basically you'll have a vow renewal ceremony in the caribbean ( no worry no one will even suspect it's not a "real"wedding)

Hope this helps

#202 justiner57

justiner57
    • 151 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:49 PM

Ya, we're doing the same thing but no one is knowing but the two of us. We are legally getting married here in the US, it's much simpler and no one will know that our Mexico wedding isn't official. We are simply doing all the legal documents here but doing the ceremony & reception in Mexico. We are going to celebrate our official wedding date on the day we celebrate it in Mexico, no the legal one because it's just documents to us. The emotion and connection will be with our wedding on September 4th 

Justine & Konrad ~ September 4, 2011 @ Azul Sensatori Resort
      ** 48 Guests Booked & Final **

#203 hdinsmor

hdinsmor
      • 178 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:45 AM

That is a great idea, Justiner!  Good luck with all of it!!  So so so close!!  :)

Marrying My Aussie Prince on 9-10-11 at Grand Palladium Resort & Spa

#204 caboose

caboose
        • 48 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:23 PM

Okay ladies I've got 27 days and still have lots to do: welcome letters, photo scavenger hunt, DIY fans, figure out a wedding hairstyle, still trying to find fire dancers for reception, future hubby needs shoes, shopping for vacay outfits. Gosh I could go on. :eek: What's everyone working on this week?
          September 3rd 2011 @ Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa
          *** Bride & Groom + 52 booked and counting ***

#205 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
          • 789 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:27 PM

Hi caboose! It definitely looks like you have a lot on your plate in the next few weeks! Good luck with all of it! My suggestion for shoes for your fiance is Nordstrom Rack (if you have one nearby). Lots of designers shoes at great prices! My husband bought his shoes there for our wedding last year in Riviera Maya :)

Originally Posted by caboose 

Okay ladies I've got 27 days and still have lots to do: welcome letters, photo scavenger hunt, DIY fans, figure out a wedding hairstyle, still trying to find fire dancers for reception, future hubby needs shoes, shopping for vacay outfits. Gosh I could go on.

What's everyone working on this week?

#206 Toiinlove

Toiinlove
            • 87 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:25 PM

Caboose,

I was feeling the same way you were a few days ago. Just due as much as you can a day and the rest will fall into place. We just picked up my FI shoes, best man outfit, and wedding bands this past weekend. We still have to get bridesmaid, best man, parents gifts and FI pants himmed, I need to find another TTD dress because the one I ordered was to small. Still have to finalize programs, key card holder inserts and other items with Rebecca with Allurements by Rebecca. Oh my how you can just start venting on this blog and get carried away. We are almost there and everything will be perfect!!

Happy Planning

Originally Posted by caboose 

Okay ladies I've got 27 days and still have lots to do: welcome letters, photo scavenger hunt, DIY fans, figure out a wedding hairstyle, still trying to find fire dancers for reception, future hubby needs shoes, shopping for vacay outfits. Gosh I could go on.

What's everyone working on this week?

#207 sclarissa

sclarissa
              • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:10 PM

I am looking for this dress all over Washington and Oregon and haven't been able to find it (Pattis Gianni). What size are you?

#208 subbi

subbi
                • 217 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by sclarissa 

I am looking for this dress all over Washington and Oregon and haven't been able to find it (Pattis Gianni). What size are you?

That`s my dress. absolutely love it.

Dreams Punta Cana September 16th 2011

#209 subbi

subbi
                  • 217 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:25 AM

Ok ladies after no response from my WC I decided to take on a mello attitude, besides with 20 guest book I can afford to do that. Lots of printing to get done of Welcome letters, programs, menus, etc. But I did the designs really early after getting tons of ideas on this site. Still awaiting some stuff for my OOT bags but my biggest stress seems to be coming from the inability to find Fuchsia shoes that I love. Found this amazing shoes at nine west I thought I was gonna dye only to find out it not dyeable to the search continues 32 days to go.

So have you guys found shoes yet?

Dreams Punta Cana September 16th 2011

#210 hdinsmor

hdinsmor
                    • 178 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:06 AM

Subbi, you have probably already tried this, but Zappos.com, Piperlime.com, and Shoes.com are all great sites that offer free shipping and returns, and they have TONS of cute shoes.  Good luck with everything! 

Originally Posted by subbi 

Ok ladies after no response from my WC I decided to take on a mello attitude, besides with 20 guest book I can afford to do that. Lots of printing to get done of Welcome letters, programs, menus, etc. But I did the designs really early after getting tons of ideas on this site. Still awaiting some stuff for my OOT bags but my biggest stress seems to be coming from the inability to find Fuchsia shoes that I love. Found this amazing shoes at nine west I thought I was gonna dye only to find out it not dyeable to the search continues 32 days to go.

So have you guys found shoes yet?

Marrying My Aussie Prince on 9-10-11 at Grand Palladium Resort & Spa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users