September 2011 Brides!

JoanneIreland

hi Hdinsmor

I did just that myself. We got married at the courthouse last week. So that way all our papers are here in Canada, when we need a copy we can get it in a couple of days instead of weeks from the caribbean. And I wore my wedding dress at the courthouse. I even saw some couples with flower girls, stretched limo and the whole shabang. Afterwards we had a coktail hour at our house. We kept it secret and simple (we were a total of 20 people).

Basically you'll have a vow renewal ceremony in the caribbean ( no worry no one will even suspect it's not a "real"wedding)

Hope this helps

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ya, we're doing the same thing but no one is knowing but the two of us. We are legally getting married here in the US, it's much simpler and no one will know that our Mexico wedding isn't official. We are simply doing all the legal documents here but doing the ceremony & reception in Mexico. We are going to celebrate our official wedding date on the day we celebrate it in Mexico, no the legal one because it's just documents to us. The emotion and connection will be with our wedding on September 4th woot.gif

Okay ladies I've got 27 days and still have lots to do: welcome letters, photo scavenger hunt, DIY fans, figure out a wedding hairstyle, still trying to find fire dancers for reception, future hubby needs shoes, shopping for vacay outfits. Gosh I could go on. :eek: What's everyone working on this week?

Hi caboose! It definitely looks like you have a lot on your plate in the next few weeks! Good luck with all of it! My suggestion for shoes for your fiance is Nordstrom Rack (if you have one nearby). Lots of designers shoes at great prices! My husband bought his shoes there for our wedding last year in Riviera Maya :)

Originally Posted by caboose View Post

Okay ladies I've got 27 days and still have lots to do: welcome letters, photo scavenger hunt, DIY fans, figure out a wedding hairstyle, still trying to find fire dancers for reception, future hubby needs shoes, shopping for vacay outfits. Gosh I could go on. eek.gif

What's everyone working on this week?

Caboose,

I was feeling the same way you were a few days ago. Just due as much as you can a day and the rest will fall into place. We just picked up my FI shoes, best man outfit, and wedding bands this past weekend. We still have to get bridesmaid, best man, parents gifts and FI pants himmed, I need to find another TTD dress because the one I ordered was to small. Still have to finalize programs, key card holder inserts and other items with Rebecca with Allurements by Rebecca. Oh my how you can just start venting on this blog and get carried away. We are almost there and everything will be perfect!!

Happy Planning

Originally Posted by caboose View Post

Okay ladies I've got 27 days and still have lots to do: welcome letters, photo scavenger hunt, DIY fans, figure out a wedding hairstyle, still trying to find fire dancers for reception, future hubby needs shoes, shopping for vacay outfits. Gosh I could go on. eek.gif

What's everyone working on this week?

Ok ladies after no response from my WC I decided to take on a mello attitude, besides with 20 guest book I can afford to do that. Lots of printing to get done of Welcome letters, programs, menus, etc. But I did the designs really early after getting tons of ideas on this site. Still awaiting some stuff for my OOT bags but my biggest stress seems to be coming from the inability to find Fuchsia shoes that I love. Found this amazing shoes at nine west I thought I was gonna dye only to find out it not dyeable to the search continues 32 days to go.

So have you guys found shoes yet?

Subbi, you have probably already tried this, but Zappos.com, Piperlime.com, and Shoes.com are all great sites that offer free shipping and returns, and they have TONS of cute shoes.  Good luck with everything! 

Originally Posted by subbi View Post

Ok ladies after no response from my WC I decided to take on a mello attitude, besides with 20 guest book I can afford to do that. Lots of printing to get done of Welcome letters, programs, menus, etc. But I did the designs really early after getting tons of ideas on this site. Still awaiting some stuff for my OOT bags but my biggest stress seems to be coming from the inability to find Fuchsia shoes that I love. Found this amazing shoes at nine west I thought I was gonna dye only to find out it not dyeable to the search continues 32 days to go.

So have you guys found shoes yet?