Photo

My Boarding Pass STD/Invites - Please give me your feedback

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 Karen&Rene

Karen&Rene
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:53 AM

Very impressive, nice work!  Only feedback I have is maybe use "enclosed" instead of "inclosed" since it's more commonly used (in the U.S. anyway), and it looks like there is a period after the exclamation mark. 

#12 Avens

Avens
    • 576 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:25 AM

Do you think that is enough time for the RSVP? That will be less than a month to make vacation etc arrangements and put down the $200.  I don't think my friends and family would be on the ball for that so quick!

Otherwise they're very nice! Good job.

#13 Avens

Avens
      • 576 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:27 AM

Sorry, I just saw one other thing. 

For your RSVP, do you mean for them to respond online OR by sending back this portion?  Currently you have RSVP online by sending back this portion.

I'm looking hard for you, because I just found a mistake on a date in invitations which I already printed, I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to fix that!

#14 JMikla

JMikla
        • 189 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Avens 

Do you think that is enough time for the RSVP? That will be less than a month to make vacation etc arrangements and put down the $200.  I don't think my friends and family would be on the ball for that so quick!

Otherwise they're very nice! Good job.

The way that it works in Canada with the TAs is that we get a group quote and that price is guaranteed for 30 days (actual invite dates will change as I am still waiting for one additional quote).  WestJet Vacations who we hope to use, prices their vacations cheapest at first and then more expensive closer to the date, which is the opposite of other carriers, but they also fly guests who arent going with packages and this is the reason.  So the cheapest way is for our guests to pay the deposit and then they have until 60 days priop to departure to pay the remaining. :)

Originally Posted by Avens 

Sorry, I just saw one other thing. 

For your RSVP, do you mean for them to respond online OR by sending back this portion?  Currently you have RSVP online by sending back this portion.

I'm looking hard for you, because I just found a mistake on a date in invitations which I already printed, I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to fix that!

Yes that is what I mean, RSVP online OR send back that portion of the invite. 90% of our guests will go online, but some aunts and uncles, grammma etc. doesn't have a computer!  Thanks for pointing that out! I REALLY APPRECIATE that. I would have been so mad had I not seen that!

Originally Posted by Karen&Rene 

Very impressive, nice work!  Only feedback I have is maybe use "enclosed" instead of "inclosed" since it's more commonly used (in the U.S. anyway), and it looks like there is a period after the exclamation mark. 

Thanks for the feedback Karen, enclosed is more commonly used in Canada.  We are weirdos, we spell it colour, theatre and neighbour! LOL French and British influence.

Marrying my best friend Dec 3rd, 2011 @ Las Caletas
          70 guests booked and paid and counting....

#15 Avens

Avens
          • 576 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:58 AM

I'm in Canada too, Winnipeg :D

Ah yes, I knew WestJet Vacations was different - so though it seemed cheaper, we didn't go with them. I knew my guests would probably not be quite as much on the ball, so I opted for Air Canada Vacations . We had to book 10 (our immediate families) then we had the price booked.  Ditto with Air Canada and flying people not on the packages, that makes it kind of nice.  The flight from Winnipeg with Air Canada was also great because it leaves Saturday mornings (from Winnipeg, my MoH is from Calgary and I think her flight is Sunday morning).  So it works perfect for people taking a week off of work.  

Originally Posted by JMikla 

The way that it works in Canada with the TAs is that we get a group quote and that price is guaranteed for 30 days (actual invite dates will change as I am still waiting for one additional quote).  WestJet Vacations who we hope to use, prices their vacations cheapest at first and then more expensive closer to the date, which is the opposite of other carriers, but they also fly guests who arent going with packages and this is the reason.  So the cheapest way is for our guests to pay the deposit and then they have until 60 days priop to departure to pay the remaining. :)

#16 Mel2010

Mel2010
            • 219 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

Thanks! I'll definitely look into this. :)

#17 JLeodore

JLeodore
              • 31 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:48 AM

They look great!

#18 MissHoneyBee

MissHoneyBee
                • 82 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:50 PM

Very nice!  They are similar to the ones I'm having printed. I wanted a similar S-T-D but I wanted it as a full-sized magnet.  Showed the FI the DIY template and a few examples and he designed ours himself!  We are sending it off to a magnet company who will make the STD into a full-size magnet.  I'll share as soon as we get the proofs and final product.  Have an architect as a FH comes in handy!

Together we can conquer the world.
                  M+D -- May 25, 2012 - Iberostar Rose Hall Grand

87 booked and counting!

#19 merrylee

merrylee
                  • 687 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

The look beautiful

#20 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
                    • 610 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:38 AM

Because I'm a stinker for grammer....

Mu suggestions would be:

1. Exchange the period after "begins' on the boarding pass to an exclamation.
                      2. On the boarding pass... I would remove the comma between the resort and city and use a different icon (perhaps a circle or a tiny starfish) and then add a comma between city and country.
                      3. Add comma after 6th on the departure date.

Other than what I mentioned above, I agree with previous comments on adding a graphic to the RSVP and adding "or" on the responding options.

They do look fantastic though!!! Good Job!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users