Newbie St. Lucia Bride!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

#12 hulagirl132

• 194 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:11 PM

Welcome! I'm getting married in Mexico but I originally was looking into St. Lucia for my wedding. I would advice using the search feature on this site to help you locate a "more active" thread for St. Lucia weddings.

I hope you find great ideas on here. All the brides are so helpful!

Good luck with planning.

~Married at Las Caletas, Puerto Vallarta on May 30, 2011~

#13 stluciabound

• 85 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:25 AM

Hi Mrs. Williams1111! We are also getting married at the grande... our date is 4.14.12. We are going with the Beautiful Beginnings theme with individual upgrades. Some of them are a bit pricey, but still far less than going full on with one of the Martha Stewart themes and this way you only pay for what upgrades are important to you,plus you can mix and match. I did have my planning session and got a quote, but I am going to wait until just before we go to committ... once you book anything you have to pay for it and then thats it, why not wait until you are certain? Let's face it,the arches,the decorations,etc.are all there, no need to let them pressure us into deciding now... I am sure they will be just as happy to take our money later ;) Have you done your initial planning session yet? What are your thoughts? I know Sandals is very secretive on upgrade pricing, you have to ask for each specific one. I would be happy to share my quotes with you and would love to hear if you have any to add. I know there have been some other girls on here that have been really good at that.

To be honest, my FH's family  has really made this whole thing a nightmare for us. They are currently in  DW boycott mode, but we have finally gotten to the point where we have decided to accept it whether they come around or not. But,as a result of their objections, I am also starting to look into alternative (less expensive, non all-inclusive) local resorts. I noticed you seem  to be doing the same. Have you had much luck? I found trip advisor to be a pretty good resource. Anyway, I hope you have happy planning and hope we can be a good resource for one another!

Staying strong through a cancelled engagement/wedding. Thankful for all the ladies here and hoping the best for everyone!!! xoxo

#14 carrieb258

• 216 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:37 AM

#15 brendee2005

• 456 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:12 PM

Welcome! Congrats and happy planning!

#16 mandijacole

• 156 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:40 PM

Welcome to the forum!  Congratulations :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users