Sign in to follow this  
jszy10

Advice on OOT vs. Favors

Quote:

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

I remember when I was in Ocho Rios I purchased a few smaller bottles of Appleton as gifts and I feel like I remember them being around $6-8...but there were definitely bottles smaller than the ones I purchased, so I wouldn't guess any more than $5?

I think thats about right. But keep in mind that there are 2 different sized bottles. There are the smaller nip sized bottles & then there's a size above that which are the one's that I got. For some reason I think the larger bottle is about 200ml, but don't quote me on that!

Actually, this is an old thread where this was discussed:

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/44620/appleton-rum-favors 

Thank you both!

Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

I remember when I was in Ocho Rios I purchased a few smaller bottles of Appleton as gifts and I feel like I remember them being around $6-8...but there were definitely bottles smaller than the ones I purchased, so I wouldn't guess any more than $5?

I think thats about right. But keep in mind that there are 2 different sized bottles. There are the smaller nip sized bottles & then there's a size above that which are the one's that I got. For some reason I think the larger bottle is about 200ml, but don't quote me on that!

Actually, this is an old thread where this was discussed:

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/44620/appleton-rum-favors 

We're planning on 30-50 guests so our OOT bags will have to be relatively small to be able to afford them all. For favors, we're just thinking of a small candy bag for each guest, mostly as just an extra splash of color for each place setting.

I too ponder these thoughts....I just feel like I should be doing something more to show my appreciation for coming all the way for the wedding but then I think it was their decision and it is a vacation for them and nothing would stink more than to spend the money on favors only to have them discarded or not used.  ughhhhhhh - decisions!!!!

My fiance really wants to do something "unique" so we are considering having personalized temporary tattoo's made for fun - has anyone on here done those?  Just interested in where you purchased them and how they were received by guests.  (Our group is a bunch of goof-balls so they would probably like them but I'm having a creativity fart!)

We are doing really nice OOT bags so no favors - it doesn't make sense to me because everyone's going back to a hotel room right on property - not like they will take a souvenir home that night - and I don't want to give them anything extra to pack.

beaches - I was thinking about tattoos too! A lot of our guests are from our Burning Man camp and we often do tattoos for that....so it would be a kind of fun thing. Let me know if you find a resource! TIA!