Photo

Question for those of you who did BD pics

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 NYJen

NYJen
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:44 PM

Not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but did you have your photographer make your album? I'm assuming you did so that you wouldn't have to send your very personal pics out and possibly have them fall into the wrong hands.

#2 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:50 PM

jen i dont have an answer, but did you find someone around here to do BD pics?

#3 NYJen

NYJen
      • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:54 PM

Yes, Leigh recommended a friend of her's Angelica Glass. She has a website:

Angelica Glass Photography - check her out.

#4 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
        • 4,979 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:56 PM

Yes, I will be having Leigh make my album... I think. I know her work is quality, and I really don't want Aaron to stumble onto it on the computer for some reason.

Also, I'm not sure I'm as crafty as Sarah - her's looked great, and I'm not so sure I can pull it off as well as she did. So, for my engagement pics I'll make my own book, but the BD book will be from Leigh.

Why do you ask?
          Happily Married since May 9, 2008
          Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#5 NYJen

NYJen
          • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:02 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by CourtneyV
            Yes, I will be having Leigh make my album... I think. I know her work is quality, and I really don't want Aaron to stumble onto it on the computer for some reason.

Also, I'm not sure I'm as crafty as Sarah - her's looked great, and I'm not so sure I can pull it off as well as she did. So, for my engagement pics I'll make my own book, but the BD book will be from Leigh.

Why do you ask?
            Well, I plan to do BD pics and although I'm not going to do any "naked" shots, they will be kind of racey (is that an old fashioned term or what?) Anyway, I wasn't sure if I should just let the photographer make my album or if I should look into some of those online album making sites (Vistaprint, etc.) But I'm not sure I want to risk having my pictures all over the internet. LOL!!!

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:08 PM

sarah made a fantastic book

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:29 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by JenandBrendanWedding
              Well, I plan to do BD pics and although I'm not going to do any "naked" shots, they will be kind of racey (is that an old fashioned term or what?) Anyway, I wasn't sure if I should just let the photographer make my album or if I should look into some of those online album making sites (Vistaprint, etc.) But I'm not sure I want to risk having my pictures all over the internet. LOL!!!
              I have another question - is it typical to do nude shots or are you generally somewhat covered up in lingerie? It's hard to know since obviously we wouldn't be seeing any of the nude shots on here but it seems like ppl have alluded to that. I know it's up to you how far you are comfortable going, but I'm just wondering if there is a "norm" for this.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#8 NYJen

NYJen
              • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:47 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by host
                sarah made a fantastic book
                Sarah - where are you? I'm sure you posted a thread on here somewhere about your BD album, I'll do a search for it. In the mean time, were you worried about your pics falling into the wrong hand online?

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:23 PM

i did have Leigh make mine - mostly because i just didn't have time, or the creative patience! you're right - sarah made her own. i don't know how you prevent them from being taken by other people.

as for nude vs. lingerie - it's really all up to you i guess! i a combination of lingerie and topless - i always had panties on, at a minimum.

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:26 PM

if it were me i wpould do a combo of sexy outfits and nude...no coochie shots but maybe a behind shot of my butt...not an anal shot...that just isnt sexy

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users