Sign in to follow this  
JR14

*omg* Did I buy the right dress??

You look so beautiful in both!!  My dress is much like the dress you purchased (I am having a beach wedding in Mexico, so I loved the ruffles), but if you feel that the first one would be more fitting for a church wedding (the beading and lace are breathtaking) then go for it - if you can afford it, of course.  Perhaps post the first dress on here and try to put out some feelers to see if anyone would be interested in purchasing it so that you can recoup some of the cost?

Either way, you look absolutely stunning in both.  You only get to do this once, you should feel like a million bucks!!

I agree that you should have no regrets when it comes to your wedding day.  If you know in your heart that the lace dress is "the one" you should go for it!  I had so many doubts about my first dress, but then fate stepped in and the bridal shop had to cancel it... so now I have the dress of my dreams!

Originally Posted by bryanandchar View Post

Both dresses are absolutely stunning on you!! I too had found another dress that I absolutely loved, and everyone that saw me try it on complimented me on it, but it was 3x more than I had wanted to pay. So I found another dress, that I wasn't as excited about at first, but it fit the bill for my budget and what I wanted. Anyways, now closer to my wedding I am beginning to LOVE the dress I have and am very happy with my choice.

My advice is don't have any regrets and listen to your heart, you get to do this day once, so if you factor that over the next 30+ years make sure you are happy with your decision! :)

The ruffle one is MUCH more comfortable than the lace.... I'm debating between comfort or beauty?  but both are beautiful, I just seem to have lost the WOW factor for my dress.

Originally Posted by RocknRobin04 View Post

I LOVE the ruffles one. Is one more comfortable than the other?

Thanks Perry and all the ladies for the compliments!! 

Its virtually still a toss up so today I tried calling the store that has dress #1 but it was CLOSED!!  I'm still curious to know the price of the Evelyn and if there's time to order a new one or if the sample I tried on is for sale.  I think I could afford the dress ONLY IF I am able to sell the first one.

*I'll start to fish to see if anyone wants to buy it??  Any takers out there IF I were to decide to SELL it?  

BRAND NEW SIZE 8 - ALLURE

Purchased for $1180 total after taxes...... Looking for potential offers to help me decide.

If all else fails and I have no bids, then I will keep the one I own and try to alter the top part which is the thing that really bothers me most... I DO love the ruffle skirt for suuure!  It also goes well with my MOH & BM dresses too, hence what I envisioned wearing from the get-go.... and if I end up wearing this dress in the end it's still a GORGEOUS gown.  

Originally Posted by perry1217 View Post

You look so beautiful in both!!  My dress is much like the dress you purchased (I am having a beach wedding in Mexico, so I loved the ruffles), but if you feel that the first one would be more fitting for a church wedding (the beading and lace are breathtaking) then go for it - if you can afford it, of course.  Perhaps post the first dress on here and try to put out some feelers to see if anyone would be interested in purchasing it so that you can recoup some of the cost?

Either way, you look absolutely stunning in both.  You only get to do this once, you should feel like a million bucks!!

Cool thanks for the tip Carly!  I just realized that I probably should have posted a new thread in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum instead....

OH WELL Anyways here are more pictures:  ALLURE 8705

*Looking for at least $720 OBO

IMG_7102.JPGIMG_7110.JPG

The back/train of the dress - MORE ruffles!!!

IMG_7105.JPG