Photo

Returning to the ROR for our 1 Year!!! Has anyone done this before?????

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 carides44

carides44
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:06 AM

Hey Ladies!!!!!!!!!!

I hope all of your wedding planning is coming along great!. I got married last May at the ROR and it was such an AMAZING time. My husband promised me that we would go back to celebrate our 1 year!!! I just wanted to know if anyone has done this before and if the ROR offers anything special to couples returning for their anniversary, such as a room upgrade or anything like that. 

Please please feel free to message me if you have any questions about the wedding and resort. I was so into the resort and believe me I can answer probably most of your questions!!!! Happy planning and you will NOT be disappointed with the ROR

Meghan

#2 OchoRiosBride2010

OchoRiosBride2010
    • 38 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:58 PM

Meghan, we got married there in Nov 2010 and the way the service was between nov 12 and Nov 27, and onward based on reviews, i dont think I personllay would want to go back to that Resort to celebrate a one year anniversary. My weddng day was awesome, but surely not because of the resort. And they made the rest of my stay very frustrating and stressful. Im not hard to please, it was all based on their mishaps. So i just wouldnt want you to go there and be disappointed if its not as it was when you got married...just my thoughts

ROR Jamaica Nov 17th 2010 -- 37 people booked!!!!! woohoo

#3 mmcst38

mmcst38
      • 237 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

Ochosriosbride,

I'm getting married at ROR in May, can you elaborate on any mishaps in service you had thta would help us plan ahead or what to watch out for, because now I'm getting nervous that I have all these people going to a resort I picked, and to have it unsatisfactory makes me extremely uneasy.

May 13, 2011
        Riu Resort
        Ochos Rios Jamaica

#4 hiccups

hiccups
        • 224 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:54 PM

Yes please elaborate!!  I'm getting married there in a month!!!

#5 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,193 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carides44 

Hey Ladies!!!!!!!!!!

I hope all of your wedding planning is coming along great!. I got married last May at the ROR and it was such an AMAZING time. My husband promised me that we would go back to celebrate our 1 year!!! I just wanted to know if anyone has done this before and if the ROR offers anything special to couples returning for their anniversary, such as a room upgrade or anything like that. 

Please please feel free to message me if you have any questions about the wedding and resort. I was so into the resort and believe me I can answer probably most of your questions!!!! Happy planning and you will NOT be disappointed with the ROR

Meghan

I got married at ROR in April of 2008 & returned in 2009 to celebrate our anniversary with some of the same family & friends who attended my wedding! After our wedding was over everyone kept asking us when we were going to return so we just made it another group trip for our anniversary.

Just like my experience for my wedding, everyone had a great time!! I wanted to go back again in 2010 but thought that my friends would kill me so we made other plans. Actually my MOH did go back last year & just like the 2 times before, she had a great time.

In terms of ROR offering us anything special, the one thing that I requested upon check-in was the same suite that we had for the wedding & luckily they made it happen! And although that was the only thing they did, the wedding coordinator at the time, saw us one day in the lobby & totally remembered us which was nice.

If you are using a TA maybe you can check with him/her in terms of noting on your reservation that you were married there & are returning to celebrate your anniversary. Good luck & have fun!

#6 OchoRiosBride2010

OchoRiosBride2010
            • 38 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:10 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by mmcst38 

Ochosriosbride,

I'm getting married at ROR in May, can you elaborate on any mishaps in service you had thta would help us plan ahead or what to watch out for, because now I'm getting nervous that I have all these people going to a resort I picked, and to have it unsatisfactory makes me extremely uneasy.

ROR Jamaica Nov 17th 2010 -- 37 people booked!!!!! woohoo

#7 MissFifi

MissFifi
              • 66 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:45 PM

I'm sorry you went through all of that mayhem.   I plan on getting married there next year as well, and I'm definitely taking note on where they could improve through your experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users