Sign in to follow this  
Rhiannoncabo11

Riu Palace Brides?

Has anyone had the wedding private reception dinner at Don Julio's steakhouse? What was your like? Is there enough space to dance? Did you pay per plate and open bar per person? Is there a good view of the ocean from the terrace? any pictures would be excellent.

Thanks, I would like to get married at the Riu palace los cabos in November 2011

Rhiannon.

I got married at the Riu Palace and had my dinner at the steakhouse.  Here's a couple pic's of the setup and view!

-308.jpg

-307.jpg

View from the steakhouse!

-330.jpg

Those pictures are great! I love your flower arrangements.  The view looks nice, did you find the steakhouse a good area for dancing? When did you have your ceremony? I'm wondering about if there is enough daylight to take pictures if our ceremony is at 4pm.

Rhiannon

We had a 5 ceremony on the beach in November, we took most of our pictures before and some after and had plenty of daylight. 

We then had cocktail hour and a semi-private dinner at the steakhouse.  There is room for you to do you a 1st dance but if you want a private area for all your guests to be able to party I would rent the pacha disco for $500 bucks.  Most brides I met down there (and there were a ton!) all agreed that paying for the private dinner was not worth it since most most weddings (if you have enough guests) end up with the whole restaurant to themselves anyways.

Originally Posted by ichimiyuki View Post

Love the colors! On the plates is that a menu the resort provided or something you made yourself?

Originally Posted by ichimiyuki View Post

Love the colors! On the plates is that a menu the resort provided or something you made yourself?

I made them myself, here's a closer picture!

-362.jpg

Originally Posted by shanna0802 View Post

Those menu cards are fantastic.  What a briliant idea.  Where did you get the information/menu selections to put on the cards?  Did someone from RIU email it to you?

Thanks!

A couple of weeks before the wedding they emailed me a couple different menus options, they use nice looking leather bound menus but I wanted to make one in our colors!  If you just give them to the WC when you meet with them a couple days before the wedding they'll have the staff set everything up for you.