Photo

In Need of a TTD Dress!!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 perry1217

perry1217
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:53 AM

Hey ladies!! I was hoping for some advice/suggestions on a TTD dress. I am absolutely in love with the idea of a TTD shoot, but am having my formal AHR three days after we return home from our DW, where I will be wearing my dress. At first that meant I scratched the TTD off as an impossibility, but now I am thinking of getting a separate dress for the TTD. I'm only getting married once, and I really don't want to miss out on those shots, but I also don't want to spend a ton of money. Where can I find a TTD dress for about 100 bucks?! I'm a size 6 in the chest and 4 everywhere else and am definitely interested in buying a used dress in good condition! Thanks ladies!
    Playacar Palace Bride - January 6, 2012!!!!

#2 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
    • 328 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:12 AM

I would love to hear some ideas myself!

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
      Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#3 Brandy

Brandy
      • 2,628 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:56 AM

I went through the same dilemma, and ending up deciding on ordering a knock off dress.  I would find plenty of cute dresses online but they were well over $100.00, I purchased a dress for $98.00 from dhgate.com and the quality is great and I received it in about 2 weeks time.

#4 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
        • 1,917 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:59 AM

Either watch the buy, sell, trade forum or check out the thread on knock off dresses. I bought my ceremony gown and reception dress from a seller on dhgate, Monica Bridal, for under $300 for both and they are great.

#5 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
          • 1,252 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:26 AM

I hope i can be of some help for you, We re doing the same thing with the AHR...with me wearing my wedding dress again. So for me the hunt was on lol to find something NOT in the same cost range as my REAL DRESS

I am the same as you, i didnt want to miss out either, i think im more excited about these pics then the actual wedding pics lol

Ive added the link to my TTD which I got last night! im also a size six and had no problem finding one. The best place to go is DAVIDS BRIDAL.......crazy good prices ranging from 179.00 to 29.99 lol And to be honest the customer service was behond amazing. AND I LIVE IN CANADA

Although i went with a very non traditional colour for my TTD, it still has that wedding dress look lol ...i hope this helps you out! keep me posted

http://www.davidsbri...ccasion-Dresses

Originally Posted by perry1217 

Hey ladies!! I was hoping for some advice/suggestions on a TTD dress. I am absolutely in love with the idea of a TTD shoot, but am having my formal AHR three days after we return home from our DW, where I will be wearing my dress. At first that meant I scratched the TTD off as an impossibility, but now I am thinking of getting a separate dress for the TTD. I'm only getting married once, and I really don't want to miss out on those shots, but I also don't want to spend a ton of money. Where can I find a TTD dress for about 100 bucks?! I'm a size 6 in the chest and 4 everywhere else and am definitely interested in buying a used dress in good condition! Thanks ladies!

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#6 JayKay

JayKay
            • 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:20 PM

That dress is going to look stunning for your TTD!

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

I hope i can be of some help for you, We re doing the same thing with the AHR...with me wearing my wedding dress again. So for me the hunt was on lol to find something NOT in the same cost range as my REAL DRESS

I am the same as you, i didnt want to miss out either, i think im more excited about these pics then the actual wedding pics lol

Ive added the link to my TTD which I got last night! im also a size six and had no problem finding one. The best place to go is DAVIDS BRIDAL.......crazy good prices ranging from 179.00 to 29.99 lol And to be honest the customer service was behond amazing. AND I LIVE IN CANADA

Although i went with a very non traditional colour for my TTD, it still has that wedding dress look lol ...i hope this helps you out! keep me posted

http://www.davidsbri...ccasion-Dresses

#7 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
            • 1,252 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:38 PM

I really hope so :^))) I broke the news to my mom that the dress was red lol yeah not really the view she was looking for,,,,but I couldnt be happier with it, thanx for your good wishes! cant wait to post the pics when we get back, a year from now lol lol

Originally Posted by JayKay 

That dress is going to look stunning for your TTD!

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users