Photo

Post your SHORT wedding/reception dress!

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#41 acireta

acireta
  • Site Supporter
  • 750 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:38 AM

I'm so in love with this dress for the dinner after we get back on the boat (cruise wedding). I don't think I'll want to wear a full wedding dress all evening but I want to wear something that will still make me feel like its my wedding day

short dress.JPG

http://www.davidsbri...Size-Plus-Sizes

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#42 Brandy

Brandy
    • 2,628 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:41 AM

I really like that dress Erica! That little jacket is too cute!!

#43 acireta

acireta
      • Site Supporter
      • 750 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:55 AM

Thanks! The jacket gives a little versatility. I thought it was attached, but was pleased to find out it wasn't. The only thing I need to figure out is if I can justify spending big bucks on a second dress. I have plenty of time though...

Originally Posted by Brandy 

I really like that dress Erica! That little jacket is too cute!!

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#44 Brandy

Brandy
        • 2,628 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:05 AM

Yeah you still have plenty of time to think about it, you could always look into the knock off option too, if your tight on your budget for a second dress.

#45 acireta

acireta
          • Site Supporter
          • 750 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:09 AM

A knock-off would be great, or a used one maybe! I want to wait until I get a little closer to my goal weight before shopping or buying since I'm not sure how much it can be altered if I buy in my current size and lose more poundage (thank you weight watchers). Can't wait to go dress shopping!

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#46 Brandy

Brandy
            • 2,628 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:20 AM

Oh I know exactly what you mean Erica! I was the same way I didnt want to even look at a dress until I got down into the 140's and really I waited too long to go dress shopping! But I was so worried about the alterations and such.  Im told most dresses can be altered down to 2 or 3 sizes depending on the dress and the fabric.

#47 skp1

skp1
              • 405 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:24 AM

Same boat here - I put off shopping hoping to lose a few pounds (not so much worried about alterations, but I just didn't feel good with these extra "holiday" pounds sticking around).  Now I found out I'm on the verge of having to do a Rush order because I waited so long.  UGH!

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#48 Brandy

Brandy
                • 2,628 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:26 AM

Yep, thats exactly what I had to do! Rush order my gown, and its still barely getting here in enough time!

#49 acireta

acireta
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 750 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:27 AM

hmm... I hope i can lose more than 2 or 3 sizes (I have it to lose, I'm not out of my mind here LOL). I should be close to my goal by this summer (by which point you'll be an old married lady! jk jk!)

But that means I might not have to wait as long as I originally though. Thanks, girl!!

Originally Posted by Brandy 

Oh I know exactly what you mean Erica! I was the same way I didnt want to even look at a dress until I got down into the 140's and really I waited too long to go dress shopping! But I was so worried about the alterations and such.  Im told most dresses can be altered down to 2 or 3 sizes depending on the dress and the fabric.

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#50 Brandy

Brandy
                    • 2,628 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

You can do it Erica!! I know it stinks to have to loose weight! Ive lost 28 and still have another 20 to go!!! AAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!  I feel like Im running out of time, its so stressful, trust me start early!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users