Photo

Post your SHORT wedding/reception dress!

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#151 Aruba Bride

Aruba Bride
  • 170 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

I haven't decided if I am going to change yet. My dress is from Maggie Sottero's Destination Collection so it is "flowy" but still floor length. I would like to wear it all night because I love it and want to get as much use out of it as possible. However, with my photography package, the photographer is going to take my fiance and I around the island for more pictures the day after the wedding so I want my dress to look great for that.

If I do change I think I am going to wear the dress I wore for my high school graduation. It is from Victoria Secret and is all white and knee length. It would be great for dancing and having a good time. My FI has never seen it (I really don't know if anyone has since I was in my gown the whole time for graduation). I have only ever wore it that day and I figure after 5 years it probably deserves to be worn again!!

#152 Nikadawn

Nikadawn
    • 191 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:15 AM

That's a great idea. Try it on and see if you still love it after all this time, if so then go for it! With your hair and makeup all done it will still look wedding-y.

Originally Posted by Aruba Bride 

I haven't decided if I am going to change yet. My dress is from Maggie Sottero's Destination Collection so it is "flowy" but still floor length. I would like to wear it all night because I love it and want to get as much use out of it as possible. However, with my photography package, the photographer is going to take my fiance and I around the island for more pictures the day after the wedding so I want my dress to look great for that.

If I do change I think I am going to wear the dress I wore for my high school graduation. It is from Victoria Secret and is all white and knee length. It would be great for dancing and having a good time. My FI has never seen it (I really don't know if anyone has since I was in my gown the whole time for graduation). I have only ever wore it that day and I figure after 5 years it probably deserves to be worn again!!

Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012

#153 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
      • 359 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:10 AM

Still debating...

#154 CarlaN

CarlaN
        • 26 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:19 PM

Hi!

Sorry for the delay busy summer.

I just got this DRESS!!! it's from BCBG in Vancouver, BC at the Robson store. If you are in the USA you can order online or find it in Canada. 

Here is the link to the online BCBG for the USA.

The best part I waited and got it for 60% off in Canada and I see online it's on sale too. Love this dress and can't wait to wear it. I think, (well at this moment) I love it more than my wedding dress! 

Good luck!

http://www.bcbg.com/...rentPage=family   CARLA

#155 Peach

Peach
          • 1,293 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:36 AM

SO cute!

Originally Posted by CarlaN 

Hi!

Sorry for the delay busy summer.

I just got this DRESS!!! it's from BCBG in Vancouver, BC at the Robson store. If you are in the USA you can order online or find it in Canada. 

Here is the link to the online BCBG for the USA.

The best part I waited and got it for 60% off in Canada and I see online it's on sale too. Love this dress and can't wait to wear it. I think, (well at this moment) I love it more than my wedding dress! 

Good luck!

http://www.bcbg.com/...rentPage=family   CARLA

#156 bmaxam12

bmaxam12
            • 67 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:02 AM

Here is the dress I am wearing, it's short/long, but I think it still counts   I am going to wear it all night long, ceremony, dinner and dancing!  I think I am going to get a more simple dress for our AHR since I think it's just going to be in our house.

DB3.sample.jpg

mydress.jpg

Those def are not the shoes I am wearing tho!  Just used them for height purposes

#157 Nikadawn

Nikadawn
              • 191 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:07 AM

Super cute! Short/long for the best of both worlds!

Originally Posted by bmaxam12 

Here is the dress I am wearing, it's short/long, but I think it still counts   I am going to wear it all night long, ceremony, dinner and dancing!  I think I am going to get a more simple dress for our AHR since I think it's just going to be in our house.

DB3.sample.jpg

mydress.jpg

Those def are not the shoes I am wearing tho!  Just used them for height purposes

Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012

#158 Kimberli1211

Kimberli1211
                • 237 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:31 PM

So I ordered a dress through Ideeli that ended up being a little too big for me and just not exactly what I was wanting, but I waited too long to be able to send it back. It's the Sue Wong one I posted a while back (sz 4). If anyone is interested in it let me know. It's really a very pretty dress, just not for me. Anyways, I'm off to Minneapolis next week and hoping to find something at the MOA- wish me luck!!! :)

#159 Peach

Peach
                  • 1,293 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:02 AM

I am really torn on whether to wear a long or short wedding dress. I do not want two dresses; I want one that will be the whole night, plus TTD, then cleaned and AHR too. I want simple. I have been told by several people that shorter would be more flattering on me (probably since I am so short) but I am a little worried that it might not be wedding-y enough. Then FI says, 'who cares? according to whom?' and I remember that you get to make your own rules with a DW!

And now I see all of these gorgeous short wedding dresses, and I think, hmmm, maybe that would be the way to go....

So my question is to all the brides who chose short (or long/short - love that look!) for the whole night. Did you regret that decision?

Thanks so much, ladies! I really appreciate it!

#160 Peach

Peach
                    • 1,293 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

I keep looking at pictures of this dress... I love it! I have a question for you; do you find it to be heavy at all? I was originally sticking with chiffon and such - beach in Dominican in the middle of July is going to be hot!

Thank you so much for the information!

Originally Posted by bmaxam12 

DB3.sample.jpg

mydress.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users